Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-25-2022, 03:22 PM   #1
PatrickK
PatrickK began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre not opening certain books

Hi : glad this forum is here! I just downloaded a Kindle book from Amazon. It reads okay on the Kindle app on my laptop, but can't be read by Calibre. If I try to do so, a message appears asking me "How do you want to open this file?" Beneath this is "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store." Lastly comes, "Always use this app [unspecified] to open .kfx-zip files." My other books all seem to open perfectly. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
PatrickK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 05:27 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

KFX files have DRM and cannot be read by Calibre. Here are instructions how to download your Kindle books in a format that can be deDRM-ed:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...61&postcount=1
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 05:33 PM   #3
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What Sirtel said
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote