Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-23-2021, 08:31 PM   #1
Vu the cuong
Vu the cuong began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage
Nook glow light 3 screen contrast vs voyage

Greeting all,
How glowlight 3’s screen contrast compare with kindle voyage? same contrast or more contrast then voyage? Thank you.
Vu the cuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 08:36 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vu the cuong View Post
Greeting all,
How glowlight 3’s screen contrast compare with kindle voyage? same contrast or more contrast then voyage? Thank you.
Very noticeably less.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 09:00 PM   #3
Vu the cuong
Vu the cuong began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Very noticeably less.
You meaned glowlight 3 less contrast than voyage? Thank you.
Vu the cuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 10:27 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vu the cuong View Post
You meaned glowlight 3 less contrast than voyage? Thank you.
No comparison. The Voyage is much sharper. Where the Glowlight "shines" is that it has very good "warm" lighting.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 04:14 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
No comparison. The Voyage is much sharper. Where the Glowlight "shines" is that it has very good "warm" lighting.
The Glowlight 3 does have a very nice screen. I don't know how it compares to a Voyage, as I don't have one. But the 3 has a nicer looking screen than my (2015) Glowlight Plus or my Kobo Clara. I believe the 3 uses IR instead of capacitive touch, so there's one less layer on the screen.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:24 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The Glowlight 3 does have a very nice screen. I don't know how it compares to a Voyage, as I don't have one. But the 3 has a nicer looking screen than my (2015) Glowlight Plus or my Kobo Clara. I believe the 3 uses IR instead of capacitive touch, so there's one less layer on the screen.
I like the Glowlight 3's screen also, but when you compare it (full cool setting) to the Voyage, the Voyage is definitely much crisper and sharper. The font just stands out with higher contrast — its fonts are noticeably darker. That said, I never read on Glowlight 3 in "cool" light mode, and the Voyage doesn't have the "warm" light choices you get with the Glowlight 3.

Last edited by rcentros; 10-24-2021 at 09:26 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 03:25 PM   #7
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This thread got me interested and since I have both devices at home right now, both running KOReader -- I thought a comparison would be nice.

Interested to hear what others think, but in person, I find the contrast difference even more noticeable than these photos.

I tried to keep the settings identical other than sizing the letters to match as best I could on the Nook -- both on Bookerly.

https://imgur.com/a/daGNOh4
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 03:31 PM   #8
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
One final shot -- here both frontlights are off and I bumped up the contrast setting in KOReader on the Nook to try to get it looking as good and similar as possible to the Voyage.

The nook looks quite good on its own, but the difference between them when comparing is pretty stark and easy to see in person. When I look at my own photos, the comparison seems much closer than when viewing it with my naked eyes here in front of me.

bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote