Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2022, 03:07 AM   #16
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I've seen this message maybe 3 times on the Sage, ore maybe twice and once on the Libra. It's nothing to do with ADE or DRM as the books were PD from Gutenberg with no DRM. A reboot fixes it. Usually happens on a very long reading session and location is reset to an earlier point.

I'd be sure ADE authorization won't cure it.
I've also seen this message on my Sage. And it has happened on epubs I made myself that have no DRM of any sort. So yeah, I doubt authorizing ADE on the device would do anything whatsoever.

A reboot fixes it for me as well, but it's definitely annoying when it happens.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 01:06 PM   #17
Aleron Ives
Guru
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Since it only affects EPUB, I guess it's a bug in the ADE viewer. If the problem were more frequent, you could avoid it by converting everything to KEPUB, but it sounds rare enough to not really matter.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2022, 03:38 PM   #18
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
I have never sideloaded a kepub, so don´t actually know if it can happen then.
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 06:08 AM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Since it only affects EPUB, I guess it's a bug in the ADE viewer. If the problem were more frequent, you could avoid it by converting everything to KEPUB, but it sounds rare enough to not really matter.
Agreed, far too rare to want to switch to kepub.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 10:10 PM   #20
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Have never seen this on any of the three Kobo devices I've owned.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2022, 12:42 AM   #21
ghira
Zealot

Just had this happen on _one_ sideloaded epub, but five or so others I tried were normal. epub was free download from publisher web site so adobe definitely nothing to do with it.

I think the other times I've had this problem it's affected all epubs. I had just upgraded to 4.35 which I see has since been withdrawn.

as usual, reboot fixed problem.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:36 PM   #22
Elder Raven
Elder Raven began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Until recently I've never had it happen before. I have a book I bought from Amazon and concerted from AZW to Epub using calibre. It theoretically hasn't got DRM, but I still get the message. I have another which i converted from Epub to RTF and back, and still get the message.
I've been using Kobo and Calibre for many, many years, and don't generally buy my books from Kobo.
When I reset the reader, the allegedly DRM protected books just disappeared entirely
Elder Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 04:51 AM   #23
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder Raven View Post
When I reset the reader, the allegedly DRM protected books just disappeared entirely
Database is a little corrupt. Try reboot and repair account.
Calibre lets you check and backup database.
Old 12-22-2022, 05:23 AM   #24
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Just had this happen on my elipsa (rebooting it now) with a merged epub basedon Red Hat Server documentation (open souce). Reboot just ended and still it complains about DRM
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 05:36 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Database is a little corrupt. Try reboot and repair account.
Calibre lets you check and backup database.
Calibre does not let you check and backup the database. Those functions are part of the Kobo Utilities plugin.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 05:36 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For those of you with this false DRM message, what firmware version are you running?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 05:49 AM   #27
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For those of you with this false DRM message, what firmware version are you running?
I'm Version 4.34.200097

The file converted to kepub works as expected, but curiously, the .epub also fails to open on my PocketBook with the built in Reader (koreader does open it). This file is rather big though, so that might be related (and I can make the file available as it's Open Source documentation that anyone can download from RH, I just merged it into one file)
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 09:29 AM   #28
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Calibre does not let you check and backup the database. Those functions are part of the Kobo Utilities plugin.
Which is a plugin only on Calibre. Why would you have a Kobo on Calibre without Kobo Utilities?
Old 12-22-2022, 03:39 PM   #29
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
From my notes, I've seen in since around firmware 3.1.1 on my Aura HD.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 02:22 AM   #30
ghira
Zealot

Quote:
The time I just had it affect a single file only was 4.35, but I've had it with my Sage with some previous version as well, and a few times with my Aura One between 2017 and 2022 probably with different versions. It's happened.. maybe once a year so I would imagine I've seen it across a range of versions but I didn't take a note of which version it was. A reboot has always fixed it.