Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-22-2022, 09:58 PM   #7771
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (retired), Kobo Libra H2O
Regex question:

Code:
[https://archiveofourown.org/works/9652229]
strip_chapter_numbers: true
chapter_title_strip_pattern:(Ch[0-9]+:|Chapter [0-9]+, Part [0-9]+|Ch. [0-9]+|Ch[0-9]+)
The regex won't capture the , Part [0-9]+ bit in some of the chapter titles. Any ideas?

EDIT: Might be easier to just remove FFF's added numbering?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-22-2022 at 10:04 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 10:09 PM   #7772
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, is it intended/known that copying from a browser into the config also copies the formatting? I was adding comments to know what fic each of the story sections is for.

EDIT: Also, what happens if there's more than one section for a story? I just noticed this happened but apparently it didn't get any errors (and somehow I didn't notice).

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-22-2022 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:49 PM   #7773
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Regex question:

Code:
[https://archiveofourown.org/works/9652229]
strip_chapter_numbers: true
chapter_title_strip_pattern:(Ch[0-9]+:|Chapter [0-9]+, Part [0-9]+|Ch. [0-9]+|Ch[0-9]+)
The regex won't capture the , Part [0-9]+ bit in some of the chapter titles. Any ideas?

EDIT: Might be easier to just remove FFF's added numbering?
You patter is looking for "Chapter #, Part #", your example on regex101.com has "Ch9, Part 2".

Here's a more general regexp that matches all your examples:
Code:
Ch(apter)?[ \.]*[0-9]+(, Part [0-9]+)?
The setting to turn off FFF chapters numbers; you have them turned on somewhere--they are off by default:
Code:
## add_chapter_numbers can be true, false or toconly
## (Note number is not added when there's only one chapter.)
add_chapter_numbers:false
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Also, is it intended/known that copying from a browser into the config also copies the formatting? I was adding comments to know what fic each of the story sections is for.

EDIT: Also, what happens if there's more than one section for a story? I just noticed this happened but apparently it didn't get any errors (and somehow I didn't notice).
The Qt edit box accepts the formatting, but it is discarded on save. I think I vaguely recall that it showed up when text color coding was added and was too difficult to separate.

See https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFa...cated-sections
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:18 AM   #7774
ownedbycats
Wizard

Thanks.

New question: Line 16 of titlepage.xhtml has <preserveAspectRatio="none">. I'd like to change this to "meet". (It fixes the image on the cover page going kind of stretchy on Kobo.)

I think CustomOutput on Epub Cover would work, but the code on the page doesn't match up to what I see so I'm not entirely sure.

Code:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
    <head>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
        <meta name="calibre:cover" content="true" />
        <title>Cover</title>
        <style type="text/css" title="override_css">
            @page {padding: 0pt; margin:0pt}
            body { text-align: center; padding:0pt; margin: 0pt; }
        </style>
    </head>
    <body>
        <div>
            <svg version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
                xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
                width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 400 640"
                preserveAspectRatio="none">
                <image width="400" height="640" xlink:href="../cover.jpg"/>
            </svg>
        </div>
    </body>
</html>
EDIT: The code on the page matches a book with a downloaded cover. Is this a GC thing?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-24-2022 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-24-2022, 07:48 AM   #7775
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
did you tick Preserve Aspect Ratio in the EPUB/KEPUB Conversion Output settings?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:49 AM   #7776
ownedbycats
Wizard

Except I'm not doing any conversion?
Old 11-24-2022, 06:41 PM   #7777
ownedbycats
Wizard

Oh right, FFF uses HTML > ePub conversion I think? I ticked the option on but am still getting preserveAspectRatio="none"
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #7778
julo
julo began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505,900 geb-1150
Trying to download using FFF from SciFi-Stories, or SOL.
I have two computers, lets call them A and B.
On computer A I can download just fine, FFF knows my ID and PW.
To download on computer B I have to enter my ID and PW each time.

Both computers have the identical plug-in installed. Which file (and where) should I copy over from computer A to B to solve this?

Last edited by julo; Yesterday at 11:09 AM.
julo is offline   Reply With Quote