Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #46
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I've attached a new version that'll check the LanguageTool Github website for LanguageTool updates. If you don't want the plugin to connect to the Internet, change the following LanguageTool setting from:

Code:
  "update_check": true
to:

Code:
  "update_check": false
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:51 AM   #47
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've attached a new version with clipboard support for Sigil 0.9.8 (and higher). If you add the following entry at the beginning of LanguageTool.json:

Code:
  "clipboard_copy": true,
the plugin will copy the results as a tab-delimited file to the system clipboard.
(This will allow you to paste the results into MS Excel and LibreOffice Calc.)

This Linux version of Sigil might not support this feature.

Last edited by Doitsu; 12-07-2018 at 07:02 AM.
Advert
Old 03-06-2019, 11:20 AM   #48
brent63
Zealot
brent63 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab E nook
Hello,

I used to have Languagetool plugin on Sigil but with the issues I had with Sigil 9.11 and 9.12 and doing clean installs of both I can't get the plugin to work again.

I am a Win10 operator I have a clean Sigil 9.10 install and have downloaded Languagetool 4.4.

When selecting Manage Plugins I see the zip file but not the commandline.jar so I get an Error: Plugin not a valid Sigil Plugin.

I think I remember something I had to add to Sigil first? Don't recall..

Brent
brent63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:55 AM   #49
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent63 View Post
When selecting Manage Plugins I see the zip file but not the commandline.jar so I get an Error: Plugin not a valid Sigil Plugin.
It looks like you unzipped the plugin .zip file, however, the plugin manager expects a .zip file. I.e., you'll need to select LanguageTool_v0.4.2.zip.
(When you run the plugin for the first time, you'll also need to select languagetool-commandline.jar.)
Old 03-06-2019, 12:13 PM   #50
brent63
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
It looks like you unzipped the plugin .zip file, however, the plugin manager expects a .zip file. I.e., you'll need to select LanguageTool_v0.4.2.zip.
(When you run the plugin for the first time, you'll also need to select languagetool-commandline.jar.)
When I download Languagetool I place the zip file in a separate Languagetool folder. I unzip it as it is easier to install in Openoffice rather than wait for Openoffice to load it.

I also keep the zip file.

I have tried to select the zip file and that is where I get the error from my previous post. (sorry not clearly stated.)

Brent
Advert
Old 03-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #51
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
When I download Languagetool I place the zip file in a separate Languagetool folder. I unzip it as it is easier to install in Openoffice rather than wait for Openoffice to load it.
There are two different files with very similar file names that you'll need to download:

1. The LanguageTool Desktop .zip file from https://languagetool.org/ (LanguageTool-4.4.zip). (AFAIK, you can't use the OpenOffice/LibreOffice plugin fille.)

2. The Sigil plugin file (LanguageTool_v0.4.2.zip).

To install the Sigil plugin, you'll need to select the second file, LanguageTool_v0.4.2.zip.

(The error message that you reported, is only displayed, if you select a non-plugin file.)
Old 03-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #52
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It won't work if you rename the plugin's zipfile either. The filename has to exactly match the folder it contains (minus the version info after the underscore). Or else you'll get the "Error: Plugin not a valid Sigil Plugin" message.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:02 PM   #53
brent63
Zealot

Thank you I got it working.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:48 PM   #54
brent63
Zealot

Hello again,

Is there any way to keep Language tool from checking the below text for punctuation?

<h1 title="Chapter One: 2009">Chapter One</h1>

Or where it only it only checks text that is between <p> and </p>?

Thanks
Brent
Old 03-30-2019, 12:35 AM   #55
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Is there any way to keep Language tool from checking the below text for punctuation?
Unfortunately, there's no way to ignore specific tags or attributes.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:43 PM   #56
brent63
Zealot

It's an answer, not one I was hoping for but and honest one.

Thanks
Brent
Old 07-29-2019, 11:13 AM   #57
brent63
Zealot

I have been trying to remove the Style Rule Profanity in the JSON file for quite some time with absolutely no success. Please help.

Thanks, Brent
Old 07-29-2019, 11:42 AM   #58
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have been trying to remove the Style Rule Profanity in the JSON file for quite some time with absolutely no success. Please help.
Sometimes the plugin won't display any error messages, because of Java issues.

Please insert the following line:
Code:
above the first entry in LanguageTool.json, save LanguageTool.json, create a blank epub with the f-word in it, run the plugin and paste the contents into your reply.

(The plugin will also ignore invalid LanguageTool.json files.)
Old 07-29-2019, 12:19 PM   #59
brent63
Zealot

Should I delete the "clipboard_copy": false, that is already in the Json file?

{
"disabledRules": "MORFOLOGIK_RULE_EN_US,MORFOLOGIK_RULE_EN_GB,ENGLI SH_WORD_REPEAT_BEGINNING_RULE,WHITESPACE_RULE,COMM A_PARENTHESIS_WHITESPACE,SENTENCE_WHITESPACE",
"disabledCategories": "REDUNDANCY",
"update_check": false,
"allFiles": false,
"clipboard_copy": false,
"ltPath": "C:/Users/Brent/Language/LanguageTool-4.6/LanguageTool-4.6/languagetool-commandline.jar"
}
Old 07-29-2019, 12:39 PM   #60
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Should I delete the "clipboard_copy": false, that is already in the Json file?
No. Simply change false to true:

Code:
D.