Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 05:16 AM   #1
kawaisoonano
kawaisoonano began at the beginning.

Device: kindledx
Question how manage documents in kindle?

i just found out thAt folder wont be shown in kindle. it will read through the folder, then just show the document.

so, how to classify documents in kindle

are there any useful method to manage documents in kindle?

and then how to arrange the home page in kindle, so that all documents & books will be shown in alphabetical order.

kawaisoonano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:50 AM   #2
Momo_Germany
Connoisseur
Momo_Germany began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 (great!!) +DX, Sony PRS-505,-700,-600 (dislike!), iPad
Hi Kawaisoonano,

So far there is indeed no possibility to create folders in Kindle. Some days ago (after giving my feedback on the Kindle) I've received an email from Amazon, saying that they plan to solve this problem in the near future. Here's the part of the email I'm referring to:

----------
Regarding Organizing the Kindle content (folder-structure) :

We have heard from many of you that you would like to have a better way to organize your growing Kindle libraries. We are currently working on a solution that will allow you to organize your Kindle libraries. We will be releasing this functionality as an over-the-air software update as soon as it is ready, in the first half of 2010.
----------

For me this is really good news!

For the moment I help myself by changing the metadata (titles) of the unprotected files with Calibre in a way that helps me sorting my ebooks. Simply to rename them with the Finder/Explorer doesn't help, as the reader names them by their Metadata not by their file-name.

To arrange the Home-screen of the Kindle in the way that it shows the items in alphabetical order is quite easy: just bring the curser up to the very first line of the home-screen where it says "Showing all XX items" etc. so that this line is underlined. Don't click, simply move the 5-way-controler to the right, then it will show you the options "Most recent first", "Title" and "Author". Move the underline to the way you wanted the books to be sorted (in your case "Title") and click. Then you should get your ebooks in alphabetical order.

Hope this helps, sorry for my bad English,
Momo
Momo_Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 06:08 AM   #3
kawaisoonano
kawaisoonano began at the beginning.

Device: kindledx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo_Germany View Post
Hi Kawaisoonano,

So far there is indeed no possibility to create folders in Kindle. Some days ago (after giving my feedback on the Kindle) I've received an email from Amazon, saying that they plan to solve this problem in the near future. Here's the part of the email I'm referring to:

----------
Regarding Organizing the Kindle content (folder-structure) :

We have heard from many of you that you would like to have a better way to organize your growing Kindle libraries. We are currently working on a solution that will allow you to organize your Kindle libraries. We will be releasing this functionality as an over-the-air software update as soon as it is ready, in the first half of 2010.
----------

For me this is really good news!

For the moment I help myself by changing the metadata (titles) of the unprotected files with Calibre in a way that helps me sorting my ebooks. Simply to rename them with the Finder/Explorer doesn't help, as the reader names them by their Metadata not by their file-name.

To arrange the Home-screen of the Kindle in the way that it shows the items in alphabetical order is quite easy: just bring the curser up to the very first line of the home-screen where it says "Showing all XX items" etc. so that this line is underlined. Don't click, simply move the 5-way-controler to the right, then it will show you the options "Most recent first", "Title" and "Author". Move the underline to the way you wanted the books to be sorted (in your case "Title") and click. Then you should get your ebooks in alphabetical order.

Hope this helps, sorry for my bad English,
Momo
hi,momo:
thanks for your reply. you hav sloved my problem. i was just keep reading the kindle guide book to fing out how to make a folder in kindle before i post this. i am great to hear that amazon will update the feature for us soon too.

&
kawaisoonano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
neadams99
neadams99 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2, 3, KFire, Samsung Epic 4G
Finally, the folks at Amazon have heard us. I just hope it is all that we expect.
neadams99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
mikejofm
mikejofm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
Thank you for the question and the responses you occasioned.
mikejofm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 01:17 AM   #6
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
This is great news...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote