Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Savory Mention on Tekzilla

This weeks' Tekzilla video podcast answered a question (sort of) on getting pdf files on to the Kindle. The person asking the question was from Scotland and asked about both the Kindle 2 and the Sony (or any other ebook reader). The hosts did not talk about the Sony

Along with Savory, the also mentioned Auto Kindle eBook Converter, MobiPocketCreator and Stanza. No mention of Calibre. he information provided was very general and the hosts were not aware that Amazon hasn't yet been charging the 10 cent Whispernet fee for conversion.

I think I'll send an email inviting them to MobileRead to learn about Calibre, and PDFRead as well.

In fact, I think I need to add a PDF section to the Visual Kindle Guide.

Last edited by daffy4u; 04-19-2009 at 10:47 AM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I just downloaded the podcast, but damn that a big file at 288 megs.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
I just downloaded the podcast, but damn that a big file at 288 megs.
They also stream it from their website, if you don't want to download.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I always find Tekzilla and especially Patrick to be really cutting edge with new tech apps. Good to see him give Savory a shout out!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote