Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-08-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
born2rumble1st
born2rumble1st began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Calibre only converting first chapter

I've just recently purchased a kindle 2 and I've been trying to convert some azw, lit, and pdf files into mobi files (converting the azw just so I can change the metadata-won't work otherwise), and all the books are showing up in calibre with only the first chapter. If I open up the same exact file that I sent to calibre in Stanza, the entire book appears. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution to it? I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for your help!
born2rumble1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Can you view the complete original file in calibre?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #3
born2rumble1st

No. I can only view the first chapter in calibre, even before I convert the file. I thought perhaps the file itself was corrupted but I could open it just fine in Stanza and the whole book appeared.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:16 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
open a aticket and attach one of these files, also make sure you're using the latest version of calibre.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
born2rumble1st

I'm using 0.5.5 for OSX so I think that's the most recent version. I've also opened up a ticket. Thanks for your help!
Advert
Old 04-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
Devon
Enthusiast
Devon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
This happened to me a few times. In my case it seemed to happen more frequently with a book that was previously converted with Amber lit converter - it didn't matter what format the book was now in. If I formatted the problem book into .doc, used Word to convert into HTML, then trashed the file folder and only used the HTML file, I could get Calibre to convert the whole book.

I also use a MAC
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One word of advice. Stay far far away from ABC Amber converters. They don't work all that well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote