Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
passerby314
passerby314 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
KT 5.1.2 - what reader to use?

Two questions really:

(1) I have installed usbnet, but shied back from the connection setup (for the moment), so I uninstalled it. However, I still see the usbnet directory in the USB root. Is this OK?

(2) I'd like to be able to read other formats (mobi, pdf, etc.) and use other fonts. What should I install?
Librerator is said to only work on up to KT 4.x.

I have read up on the 2nd question, but the amount of information here is staggering and I am not sure what will and will not work on my KT version.

Thanks in advance.
passerby314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
(2) I think neither liberator nor kindlepdfviewer (which does other formats despite the name) have yet an official released version with KT support but AFAIK they could soon have.

In the meantime, my HackedUpReader works fine, too (based as kpv on the CoolReader engine). The thread on mobileread is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170436
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
passerby314
passerby314 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
bhaak,
Thank you for your work and the links, I'll check it out.
passerby314 is offline   Reply With Quote