Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
urbie
Enthusiast
urbie began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Audio Albums

Hello
I bought an Android Tablet a.o. for reading books but reading outside in bright light conditions turned out as cumbersome. Therefore i bought a Sony PRS T1 and that is a bliss compared to the tablet. There's one problem...the way the audiofiles are stored and organized. It seems the reader stores each mp3 with an albumname in the tag in a separate album automaticly. I would like to have a lot of mixed files in one album and play them back randomly.
Tried everything to achieve that but didn't succeed. Do i oversee an option in my zealous efforts or shall i root and use an android player to get what i want ?
urbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Sonys have never been interested in filenames or directory structure for ebooks, instead using the metadata inside each book to populate its database. It looks as if it's the same for MP3s - it uses the mp3tag info inside. I think the only way get them to show under a single album on the T1 would be to edit the mp3tag album field.

PS Welcome to MobileRead
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
Talking about the music player, I'm not really pleased with the "factory" one. One thing that I miss is the ability to "pause" the music and swap to reading without loosing the current "listening" place. Does anyone know of a good alternativee-ink compatible one ?
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
urbie
Enthusiast
urbie began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Thanks for replying. Found a solution meanwhile (same as Jacky_W). Search and Download id3kll14 from the web. Put all desired mp3's in one map and id3kll14 removes all tags at once. Upload the map to the reader and enjoy hours of music during reading.
urbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbie View Post
Upload the map to the reader and enjoy hours of music during reading.
Be careful, your battery will drain very fast if you play music all the time. You may not enjoy as many hours as you hoped.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert