Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
kenm
Enthusiast
kenm doesn't litterkenm doesn't litterkenm doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500, iPod Touch, Nook Color, Acer Iconia Tab A500
Fred Saberhagen

Has any one by any chance seen the Swords, Lost Swords, Ardneh's World, or any other series of books by Fred Saberhagen available in eformat. Most of the Saberhagen books I've found are hit or miss on having more than one book of any particular series.

Thanks
kenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
jsabe
jsabe will become famous soon enoughjsabe will become famous soon enoughjsabe will become famous soon enoughjsabe will become famous soon enoughjsabe will become famous soon enoughjsabe will become famous soon enough

Device: iPhone
Unfortunately, the situation for e-publishing whole series of Fred's books is a little complicated. A single publisher rarely (perhaps never - I'd need to check) owns e-rights to a whole series. Often Fred retained eRights. For books Fred retained e-rights, you'll see gradual releases. For books the publishers have eRights, I suspect there will be eBooks soon. Let me know if there is a specific eBook your interested in and I'll let you know the status. Please visit www.berserker.com or www.fredsaberhagen.com jsabe@berserker.com will do for correspondence off forum Best. Joan Saberhagen for the Estate of Fred Saberhagen
jsabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
kenm
Enthusiast

jsabe,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I am interested in them all.
Fred Saberhagen was one of those authors that I read anything I can get my hands on. I'll just keep picking up ebooks as I find them and hopefully my collection will start filling out. If I do come across any that I need more info I will definitely email you for status.

Thanks again
kenm
Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
jsabe
jsabe will become famous soon enoughjsabe will become famous soon enoughjsabe will become famous soon enoughjsabe will become famous soon enoughjsabe will become famous soon enoughjsabe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenm View Post
Has any one by any chance seen the Swords, Lost Swords, Ardneh's World, or any other series of books by Fred Saberhagen available in eformat. Most of the Saberhagen books I've found are hit or miss on having more than one book of any particular series.

Thanks
Unfortuntely, you're correct. Finding Fred's books in eformat is hit or miss.
Slowly, I'm trying to correct this. In some cases the delay is due to the publisher who holds the electronic rights but has not yet put the work into eformat. In some cases Fred's Estate holds the electronic rights but has not yet converted and uploaded the files. I'm working on making as many of Fred's works as possible easily available to his fans. Thanks for your patience.
Joan Saberhagen
Old 01-06-2010, 03:59 AM   #5
kenm
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, another thing I've noticed is, it's hard to get a lot of Mr. Saberhagen's book in print either. Seems like our local Barnes & Noble doesn't carry hardly anything by him.
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #6
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Had the entire Swords trilogy in one hardback book for $5.95 in my hand Saturday. Almost got it too. I will see what other books that store had and let you know. They have over 1million books in this particular used book store.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #7
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Where is Fred Saberhagen?

I don't know if this is new to you but webscription.net is part of Baen Books.

Go to http://www.webscription.net/s-88-fred-saberhagen.aspx for;

W200502 February 2005 WebScription $15.00
Against the Tide
Moonstruck
Berserker Death
Cosmic Tales: Adventures in Far Futures
This Scepter'd Isle
Forge of the Titans

Or

W200606 June 2006 WebScription $15.00
Blackcollar: The Judas Solution
From Dream to Dream
The Cobra Trilogy
The World Turned Upside Down
Rogue Berserker
Rocheworld
The Reality Matrix

And others ofcourse.

Berserker Throne by Fred Saberhagen is in Baen Books Free Library..

Last edited by HorridRedDog; 01-06-2010 at 08:10 PM.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:43 AM   #8
kenm
Enthusiast

Mrgauth:
Luckily I have all the Swords Books in hardcover, SciFi book club came through on that one. I'm looking mainly for some of the older Dracula, Berserker and Holmes-Dracula books. Preferably in ebook format.

HorridRedDog:
The webscription site has quite a few books I'm interested in, thanks for pointing it out.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It's good to hear from Fred Saberhagen's wife: Joan Spicci Saberhagen, and to know that your husband's writing continues to touch many people.

I remember being enthralled by his Berserker series, and following him with his Dracula series and some of the books in the Lost Swords series. However, it is the Berserker series that fired my imagination.

Welcome to MobileRead, Mrs. Saberhagen. There are many people who care about your husband's work. His writing gave much enjoyment to his many fans. And to me. Thank you.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-07-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #10
jsabe

Availability of Fred's work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenm View Post
Mrgauth:
Luckily I have all the Swords Books in hardcover, SciFi book club came through on that one. I'm looking mainly for some of the older Dracula, Berserker and Holmes-Dracula books. Preferably in ebook format.

HorridRedDog:
The webscription site has quite a few books I'm interested in, thanks for pointing it out.
Some of the books you mention are available from Fred's website - autographed. They're a bit pricey. So, only use as a last resort. I'm trying to get Old Friend of the Family up on the iPod/iPhone this week. Then I'll be working on H-D File. Seance for a Vampire will probably be put up by Titan Pub. sometime this year as Titan now has the eRights. One of the Dracula short stories that Fred wrote is already up on iPod - Legacy application, I think. Holmes maybe in that story too, not sure right now.(Title: From the Tree of Time)
Old 01-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #11
jsabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It's good to hear from Fred Saberhagen's wife: Joan Spicci Saberhagen, and to know that your husband's writing continues to touch many people.

I remember being enthralled by his Berserker series, and following him with his Dracula series and some of the books in the Lost Swords series. However, it is the Berserker series that fired my imagination.

Welcome to MobileRead, Mrs. Saberhagen. There are many people who care about your husband's work. His writing gave much enjoyment to his many fans. And to me. Thank you.

Don
(Moderator)
Thank you. Your sentiments mean a lot to me.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:11 AM   #12
kenm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsabe View Post
Some of the books you mention are available from Fred's website - autographed. They're a bit pricey. So, only use as a last resort. I'm trying to get Old Friend of the Family up on the iPod/iPhone this week. Then I'll be working on H-D File. Seance for a Vampire will probably be put up by Titan Pub. sometime this year as Titan now has the eRights. One of the Dracula short stories that Fred wrote is already up on iPod - Legacy application, I think. Holmes maybe in that story too, not sure right now.(Title: From the Tree of Time)
I would really like to thank you for working so hard to get these books out in as many formats as possible. Mr. Saberhagen's work has been some of the most enjoyable books I have read. I started with the Swords/Lost Swords series and after that Mr. Saberhagen became one of my 'must-read' authors. Once again thank you. Please keep us up-to-date on any new formats being released.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsabe View Post
Unfortuntely, you're correct. Finding Fred's books in eformat is hit or miss.
Slowly, I'm trying to correct this. In some cases the delay is due to the publisher who holds the electronic rights but has not yet put the work into eformat. In some cases Fred's Estate holds the electronic rights but has not yet converted and uploaded the files. I'm working on making as many of Fred's works as possible easily available to his fans. Thanks for your patience.
Joan Saberhagen
Thank you! Thank you! And very excited to see you as a member of MR!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #14
breeman
breeman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app on iPhone/iPad
[Link to pirated material deleted - mod]

Here's a bunch of Fred's books in PDF format, which can easily be converted to your preferred ereader format here: http://www.2epub.com/

I'm currently converting them all for Kindle (.mobi)

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-30-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Link to pirated material deleted
breeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
saberhagen