Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 06:45 PM   #16
borisb
Edge User

Wow - a whole business day and *zero* information about the Dingo-1.13 release... I watched at least 5 enTourage employees log on and off over the course of the afternoon (Snow, nz, PonMan, --dj-- and Zem) and none must have seen this thread.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:12 PM   #17
Hopi
Edge User

I emailed TS about a different issue with the big eDGe but mentioned about the Dingo 1.13 update (I wasn't able to note that the earlier posts were about the PE). I got an email back with the info that Dingo 1.13 is only for PE at the moment. But I got no details beyond that (as I also did not ask).

Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 11:51 PM   #18
alefor
Edge User

It is now Tuesday afternoon in Japan, Monday night in the US. In the past, updates were announced on this forum by Entourage personnel. Still no word about the nature of the 1.13 update. Is this the new standard of "customer service"?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:56 PM   #19
Michealj
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
The Tube app was fixed with the last update (to 1.11), I believe. If it still isn't working for you, you should contact Tech Support.
Thanks Dr. T it did work before Christmas but not after. I I get an error "sorry, this video cannot be played." I put a service request in this evening.

Regards,

Micheal

Old 02-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #20
Dr. T
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Wow - a whole business day and *zero* information about the Dingo-1.13 release... I watched at least 5 enTourage employees log on and off over the course of the afternoon (Snow, nz, PonMan, --dj-- and Zem) and none must have seen this thread.
Maybe the enTourage staff are fans of The Tremeloes?

This lack of information about... well, anything... in addition to the problem pointed out by sjarrell make me very, very nervous. I hope we hear something-anything- soon. It would be good to know that enTourage is still alive and that the exemplary customer service we had seen in the past is not slipping (as seen in some current instances).

Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #21
myst
Edge User

You guys are on top of it. I don't see the ad about the sale. Interesting that they are not responding at all. Disappointed that there is no update for EE. But am hopeful that if the PE gets updated that the EE is not far behind. My company made an android app that my system is too old for ;o(

Old 02-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #22
Hopi
Edge User

[QUOTE=myst;1587509]You guys are on top of it. I don't see the ad about the sale. QUOTE]

Hi Myst. If you're referring to the sale on accessories, we got an emailed advert about that. I think anybody who registered his or her device is on the company email list.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #23
Dr. T
Edge User

I think she's referring to my post in which I mentioned that the entourage home page still had info about the sale that ended yesterday. They have since taken that screen down.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #24
Hopi
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
I think she's referring to my post in which I mentioned that the entourage home page still had info about the sale that ended yesterday. They have since taken that screen down.
Thnaks for the rescue Dr. T. Scanning through the forum does that to me. --patchy comprehension.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #25
alefor
Edge User

Still nothing about the update. I re-iterate how sad it is that Entourage personnel spend time checking for what they consider to be inappropriate posts on this Forum, yet cannot inform us anywhere, or so it seems, of a software upgrade that is already out there, and has been for 5 days.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #26
alefor
Edge User

What am I missing here? Why is there not a single explanation regarding this upgrade? To me, there are 3 possible explanations

1. Entourage personnel are busy re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic (not good)
2. Entourage personnel have decided that explaining software upgrades to the user community represented on this Forum is no longer important (until now, they have always explained) (not good, in my opinion)
3. Entourage personnel are feverishly preparing to roll out Froyo and simply dont have the time to update us about this "relatively minor" upgrade.

So which one is it?

Old 02-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #27
Dr. T
Edge User

It seems as though #3 is unlikely, as a short explanation couldn't take much more than a few minutes to write.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #28
borisb
Edge User

#2 is my guess. Note that in the past enTourage has had to be prodded to provide release notes on several occasions, so this isn't necessarily a change in policy.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #29
sjarrel
Edge User

I'm afraid there is more: no updates on the webinars, no response to the Forum, no announcement about Dingo 1.13 (they always announced 1 day before), no explanation at all. This is really not good.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #30
Dr. T
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
#2 is my guess. Note that in the past enTourage has had to be prodded to provide release notes on several occasions, so this isn't necessarily a change in policy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
I'm afraid there is more: no updates on the webinars, no response to the Forum, no announcement about Dingo 1.13 (they always announced 1 day before), no explanation at all. This is really not good.
While it is true that this may not be a drastic change in policy, it does seem like a marked change in the spirit of customer-centrism and relatively open communication. The only thing we have heard from staffers recently was posted about three weeks ago and had a bit of an antagonistic tone (at least in the way I read it).

If nothing else, the lack of attention to the webinar dates is disconcerting. Do we know if anyone signed up for them? Maybe, if no one signed up, they decided just not to do it? I would find that hard to believe, though...