Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
kenjennings
Edge User

Possible Power Drain from Penabled sensor?

I have a generic Wacom Penabled pen (a real, pen-sized stylus) that works fine on the edge (and originally, my iRex iliad.) Both of these readers come with the same irritating, uncomfortable little twig of a stylus. However, I discovered a difference in operation with the generic pen. To use the generic Pen on the iLiad I have to remove the little twig-stylus from its holder, because there is a switch in the holder that turns off the Penabled screen sensor to save electricity. On the edge this isn't necessary. With the stylus in its holder the generic pen works fine on the EInk screen. It would seem that the Penabled sensors are always running. So, it occurs to me this could be a contributor to the less-than-expected run-time on batteries that some people complain about.

I actually LIKE it this way. I will generally keep the edge on a charger at home and at work and only remove it a couple hours at a time to go to meetings. I'm happy to be free of the pen gymnastics on the iLiad (stylus in? stylus out?)

Old 04-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
dcubed2
Edge User

Say, which pen do you have? I'd love to get some new ones, partly to keep in various locations where I use the eDGe. Then I can keep one IN my eDGe, so I don't forget it. I know others have tried their Wacom pens with no luck, so specific details would be appreciated.

Advert
Old 04-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
D4N14L
Edge User

Well its a little late for entourae to solve the problem this way, but maybe entourage could provide an option in the settings to turn off the sensor? It seems like the only option, unless the sensor has some form of sleep mode.

Pesonally, I think that it may be the custom applications that entourage has created for use in the edge. They are constantly running in the background.