Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Pocketbook Mirasol ?

It seems Pocketbook has plans to release a color device with Mirasol screen sometime in the second half of next year and plans to show it off at CES 2011.
Check out http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/24/p...announces-mir/ and http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...i-told-you-so/
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:47 AM   #2
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
Apparently so, and engadget decided to add some misinformation (mirasol does reflective, not transflective).

There's also mention of the odd colours. That could be a case of camera RGB filters not matching the highly specific wavelengths reflected by the mirasols, and could be quite different to our eyes. Which doesn't help us until we can try them out, of course.

As for Pocketbook, I'll agree they're not ready to announce this yet. They've barely started shipping the 602/902, the 603/903 are still waiting, and the 302 has been waiting forever for a firmware update to include the promised functionality (hello, text entry is not hard).

As usual, I'd want more details. Mirasol may be interesting if they do decent resolution - if they don't, the colour will be horrible as the technology doesn't allow grayscales.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
zinj
Connoisseur
zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Irex DR800SG, Kyobo Mirasol Reader, 2 Pocketbook Ultras
I've been waiting for this (accidental?) announcement for the past 2 years. I suspected Pocketbook may have a surprise up it's sleeve when I read a year ago that they were one of Qualcomm's first customers for the technology. Unfortunately, like most things revolutionary, I suspect the Q3 2011 release may actually end up being Q2 2012. I'm finding it difficult to wait much longer because the Nook Color is starting to look pretty good to me.
zinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Thank you ive been waiting for this to come out since July or August thank you for finally getting it out there even if the announcement was an accident

zinj- mirasol is already producing the displays production began in the last month.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The Digital Reader reports that it may be Q3 2011 before these are available. Or something to do with ebook reading could surprise us and arrive early for a change.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
there is a video which came out at the time, too, check it out here
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Looking at PB 903 desaster the new Mirasol devices should not be expected before 2012 or 2013.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
Looking at PB 903 desaster the new Mirasol devices should not be expected before 2012 or 2013.
Sounds more realistically. PB has proven they haven't any control on manufacturing process. Probably mid 2012 or something but the competition doesn't sleep either. So I wouldn't put my money on PB. Saying this with strong hopes PB will prove me wrong.
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:34 AM   #9
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
That is if PB does not go bankrupt until then.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote