Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #21331
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I meant make your own teabags. They are cheap, you fill them at home, and they are easily portable.

Skim milk for me, breast milk followed by formula for Lucas. I am going to fight the urge to try and keep him up past when he wants to sleep.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #21332
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I meant make your own teabags. They are cheap, you fill them at home, and they are easily portable.
OK, we now agree. :-)

Talisker 10 yr.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:24 AM   #21333
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I am enjoying every drop of a nice Dolce Cinnamon Latte.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:35 AM   #21334
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Lemon and ginger while I work up the energy for the afternoon chores. I am feeling virtuous because I have vacuumed the house and even managed to get in a bit of quilting. Must be spring as I planted some annuals yesterday and it's rained on them today. Sometimes I get it right!
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:26 AM   #21335
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OJ. Bleech to early wake up
Old 09-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #21336
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
HRM Stitchawl goes for his walk and forgets his nightly post? Sheesh!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #21337
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
HRM Stitchawl goes for his walk and forgets his nightly post? Sheesh!
I even got up extra early for today's walk, and walked twice as far as I have in the past. I'm a bit bummed as I didn't reach the goal that I set for this weekend's weight. I missed by half a kilo. I do NOT deal well with my not reaching set goals... I will not let that happen again.

So after a quick breakie of Assam tea, rice and chicken, I was off to the hills... the steepest ones I could find that still had smooth walking trails. (The broken trails hurt my knees.) And I plan to make the same walk tomorrow, although I won't wake up earlier for it. I still had plenty of time in the afternoon for my shopping chores. What amazes me most is that my endurance is coming back so quickly. I didn't expect that. But I can fast walk up a steep three K hill and not be huffing and puffing as I would have been two months ago. Happy I am!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #21338
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Water. I am waiting to bring tea into work until I have completed inprocessing. Putting all of my crap through the screening machine is a pain in the butt. Hopefully I can bring tea in tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #21339
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Any opinions on this thing:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

My work has hot water readily available, so I am good there.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #21340
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
Probably works well.
I just take an instant dislike to advertising that tries to use big words to sell its product. "Borosilicate" glass is what your glass meatloaf pan is made of, or your glass pie plate. We usually just call it 'Pyrex' because that's the name everybody recognizes. It's actually cheaper to make Pyrex glass than non-pyrex glass... but you can charge more for borosilicate and it sells better than plain old Pyrex.

However, my pet peeves aside, the product itself probably works well.

Stitchawl
Old 09-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #21341
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I have some Bodum filters like that one, they work great. You can buy a plain filter from Tea Gschwendner.

http://shop.tgtea.com/store/category...-%26-Infusers/

I like the Magic Tea Maker and the Teafilter large. The Magic Tea maker can be used at any desk or kitchen. It works great, I have the Teavana version, and makes great tea. The filter is portable and can be used in any mug so you are not restricted in the size mug you use to make your tea.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #21342
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I'm walkin, yes indeed and I'm talkin bout you and me
I'm hopin that you'll come back to me, uh uh

I'm lonely as I can be, I'm waitin for your company
I'm hopin that you'll come back to me.

Whatcha gonna do when the well runs dry
you gonna run away and hide
I'm gonna be right by your side
for you, pretty baby, I'd even die.

I'm walkin, yes indeed and I'm talkin bout you and me
I'm hopin that you'll come back to me.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqs5gkyH930 )

Good (early) morning, all! 8:30 and I've already finished eating. Just sitting here with a second cup of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea and waiting for the rush hour mass transit to slow down a bit before I hit the road into Kyoto. I'm planning on making a Double Loop today, twice the distance, twice the number of steep hills, and God willing twice the calorie burn. Less than three weeks until my paragliding class starts and I want to be more than ready. By walking along the mountain side in Kyoto, I've a constant supply of visual distractions to keep me from realizing that my body is falling apart from overwork. I almost wish I was in the Brecon Beacons doing 'Selection.' I wonder how old the oldest guy was who passed that?

A good alternative to those reusable tea filters (than need to be washed carefully each time) is the teapot sized non-woven paper filters, but filled with cup-size portions of tea. Plenty of room for the tea to swirl around, but just toss when finished. Perfect for lazy guys like me!

Stitchawl
Old 09-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #21343
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Good (early) morning, all! 8:30 and I've already finished eating. Just sitting here with a second cup of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea and waiting for the rush hour mass transit to slow down a bit before I hit the road into Kyoto. I'm planning on making a Double Loop today, twice the distance, twice the number of steep hills, and God willing twice the calorie burn. Less than three weeks until my paragliding class starts and I want to be more than ready. By walking along the mountain side in Kyoto, I've a constant supply of visual distractions to keep me from realizing that my body is falling apart from overwork. I almost wish I was in the Brecon Beacons doing 'Selection.' I wonder how old the oldest guy was who passed that?

A good alternative to those reusable tea filters (than need to be washed carefully each time) is the teapot sized non-woven paper filters, but filled with cup-size portions of tea. Plenty of room for the tea to swirl around, but just toss when finished. Perfect for lazy guys like me!

Stitchawl
Well done on the walking, Stitchawl. And good luck with that goal.

On the filters, I think these are the ones you're talking about: T-Sac. Actually, they look quite interesting. I'll probably order some the next time I order, just to have around.

Of course, you don't need to throw them out immediately. You can usually get at least one more steeping out of your tea without loss of flavour, at least for the better teas. (But you are very right about those reusable filters. They're fussy about being cleaned out carefully.)

Off to bed with nothing but water in my cup. TTFN.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #21344
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well done on the walking, Stitchawl. And good luck with that goal.
Thanks. I WILL reach it.

Quote:
On the filters, I think these are the ones you're talking about: T-Sac. Actually, they look quite interesting. I'll probably order some the next time I order, just to have around.
Very similar. Here in tea country, you can find 1,000,006 different brands of empty tea bags. (That may be a slight exaggeration...) They are sold in every market, convenience stores, and of course, all the tea stores. I've noticed that the ones that feel like silky paper seem to have the least taste influence on my tea. The ones that feel like the brown paper coffee filters give me a bit of a paper taste. I pay about $1.50 for 100 at the stupidmarket for them. I can get cheaper ones at the ¥100 Shops but those are the coarser paper ones. I like the silky ones best!

Just got back from my day's exercises. Good solid burn in both thighs and calves. Drinking unbranded Keemun tea and getting ready for some afternoon meditation. I think this is a good day!

EDIT: Just checked... only 80 per pack for about $1.50 USD.

Stitchawl
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #21345
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Nice, I have only found the paper ones in the US and they are ok but not great.

Nothing in my cup yet but soon it will be OJ.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?