Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
guinnesscannon
guinnesscannon began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, sony ereader
Help--getting sony ebooks to ipad

Hello, as a book fanatic I have had a Sony eReader for a couple of years. Today I broke down, gave into my gadget envy and bought an iPad. I have read that you can use txtr to read sony ebooks on the iPad but I'm not a techy and can't quite figure out how to make this work. Can someone help?
guinnesscannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi guinnesscannon and welcome to MobileRead. If you don't get an answer here try posting your question on the iPad forum here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=170
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to the site~!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:38 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:49 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesscannon View Post
Hello, as a book fanatic I have had a Sony eReader for a couple of years. Today I broke down, gave into my gadget envy and bought an iPad. I have read that you can use txtr to read sony ebooks on the iPad but I'm not a techy and can't quite figure out how to make this work. Can someone help?
First off, go to http://txtr.com and create an account there. Then upload a few of your ePub eBooks there.

Now download and install the txtr app from the app store on your iPad. In the options, you have to put in your txtr username/password and your Adobe infor you've used to authorize ADE on your computer. And once you've accepted the agreement, you can then download the eBooks and give them a read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello guinnesscannon and welcome to MobileRead!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #8
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Greetings and welcome to MR!

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
guinnesscannon

Thanks much. I have set up an account on txtr as well as installed the app on my iPad. However when I'm on the txtr site, and select the upload option I can't seem to get to my pub books within my Sony library. I have also tried to get the book files out of my library onto another location on my PC with no luck. I'm sure this is planned by Sony or I'm an idiot but I just can't seem to figure it out. I have so many Sony ebooks but I can't travel with two devices
Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesscannon View Post
Thanks much. I have set up an account on txtr as well as installed the app on my iPad. However when I'm on the txtr site, and select the upload option I can't seem to get to my pub books within my Sony library. I have also tried to get the book files out of my library onto another location on my PC with no luck. I'm sure this is planned by Sony or I'm an idiot but I just can't seem to figure it out. I have so many Sony ebooks but I can't travel with two devices
1. Run Reader Library
2. Double Click Library in the left pane
3. Click Purchased
4. Double click any ePub eBook
5. In the red title bar to the left, click the grey and white i.

Now you will get an Information box pop up that will show you where your eBooks from Sony live. You should be able to move/copy them from there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #11
susanjh
susanjh began at the beginning.

Device: ipad wi-fi and sony reader
help with sony ebooks to ipad also

I finally bought the ipad. I really would love to transfer my books to the ipad.
I am trying everything right now. Sorry did not see other posts.

Last edited by susanjh; 08-22-2010 at 07:34 PM.
susanjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:11 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
susanjh

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #13
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #14
guinnesscannon

Thanks so much, worked like a charm. I no longer feel guilty over the ipad purchase
Old 03-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #15
jkkilcullen
jkkilcullen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dear JS Wolf,

I'm stuck here trying to follow your suggestions. I have opened up a txtr account and uploaded two books. I downloaded the txtr app to my iPad and entered my username and passwords for both txtr and Adobe under settings. When I open the app, I see the books in my library, but when I try to read them, I'm told it "could not load document."

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
jkkilcullen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, ipad, sony