Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #1
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
KT3 stuck in diagnostic mode

Hi, I have a KT3 in the new diagnostic mode. How do I get it out? If I click Reboot or disable Diags there is only the option to Reboot but not to disable Diags. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170304_174235.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	165045  
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:49 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
USB device Mode > ADB

And then the usual over an adb shell: idme -d --bootmode main && sync && reboot
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #3
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

I don't think it is going into adb mode. When I do what you said the screen flashes and says switching to ADB mode. But then it says Exit code:0
Maybe I just don't know what I am doing.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

0 is a successful exit code :?
Old 07-16-2018, 03:17 AM   #5
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKK View Post
I don't think it is going into adb mode. When I do what you said the screen flashes and says switching to ADB mode. But then it says Exit code:0
Maybe I just don't know what I am doing.
What OS are you using?
You have to install adb platform tools on your computer.
What is the output of lsusb (Linux) or what you find in the device manager? (windows)?

Last edited by encol; 07-16-2018 at 03:20 AM.
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #6
SKK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
What OS are you using?
You have to install adb platform tools on your computer.
What is the output of lsusb (Linux) or what you find in the device manager? (windows)?
Hi I am using Windows 10. I installed adb platform tools now. The Kindle shows up as eanab under Universal Serial Bus Devices on device manager. If I run adb devices the Kindle shows up. My problem now is that I don't know how to run the commands NiLuJe told me to. I am not good at this kind of thing. Thanks for your help so far.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:22 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Does our companion forum (Kindle Fire (I.E: Android)), have a "Basics of" or an "Using the Android Debugger" description?
Maybe in their (the common for all) Wiki?

= = = = =

Their should certainly be an "Introduction to ADB" article (or a few hundreds) on the 'web but I am thinking of one that is already specific to however Amazon is building it.

Last edited by knc1; 07-16-2018 at 10:26 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #8
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi I am using Windows 10. I installed adb platform tools now. The Kindle shows up as eanab under Universal Serial Bus Devices on device manager. If I run adb devices the Kindle shows up. My problem now is that I don't know how to run the commands NiLuJe told me to. I am not good at this kind of thing. Thanks for your help so far.
adb shell
su
<commands>
Old 07-16-2018, 10:55 AM   #9
SKK
Addict

Thanks! It worked perfectly.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:19 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
adb shell
su
<commands>
Quote:
Thanks! It worked perfectly.
Nice.
A firmware version independent way to put our signature certificate (jail break) on those devices and firmware versions that are supporting ADB.
(Not all are.)

The "Cliff's Notes" version:
Code:
{whatever it takes to get the device into ADB (either main or diags) }
adb shell
su
cp -a /mnt/us/pubdevkey01.pem /etc/uks
{done}
NOTE: Since this often depends on some low-level code that is only installed at the factory (is not included in the Amazon image update files) it probably depends on ship date and the source (country) of the Kindle.

All we need is for someone with the time (and Kindles) to research the limitations.

Last edited by knc1; 07-16-2018 at 11:24 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Is the su actually needed in this case? I'd think it was running as root already (but I don't have a KT3, so, what do I know ).
Old 07-16-2018, 12:02 PM   #12
encol
Evangelist

We can try the whoami command
Old 07-16-2018, 12:02 PM   #13
SKK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Is the su actually needed in this case? I'd think it was running as root already (but I don't have a KT3, so, what do I know ).
I have around 6 of them that were stuck in that mode. I just tried it one one of them that I hadn't gotten out yet. The su command was not necessary.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #14
SKK
Addict

I don't know if it means anything or not, but every single one that I got out of that mode was running firmware 5.8.2.1
Old 07-16-2018, 12:16 PM   #15
encol
Evangelist

Is busybox installed on your device(s)?