Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 11:53 AM   #316
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
The latest public firmware for Kobo devices (4.6.9995) now has a "Lare Print Mode" available under "Settings | Beta Features." This mode increases the size of user-interface elements (menus, page headers and footers, dictionary display, and so on), while still allowing the user to select type size for actual book pages as always. It works very well!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:02 PM   #317
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
The latest public firmware for Kobo devices (4.6.9995) now has a "Lare Print Mode" available under "Settings | Beta Features." This mode increases the size of user-interface elements (menus, page headers and footers, dictionary display, and so on), while still allowing the user to select type size for actual book pages as always. It works very well!
Yes, it does work quite well although sometimes words can get cut off in a dictionary display box.

In post #315 of this thread tshering has attached pictures of the homepage in normal mode, Modifications for Bad Eyes mode and the new Large Print mode. It gives you a feeling for the differences between the various modes.

I'm currently trying out and enjoying the Large Print mode on my KA1, but may eventually switch back to the Modifications for Bad Eyes mode.

Last edited by Question Mark; 10-25-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2018, 02:28 PM   #318
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
the image (from left to right, original - bad eyes - original large scale mode). The image is taken from FW 4.4.9960, but the results should be the same.
One thing I notice, in the bad eyes version the time to complete the book is cut off... In the left image is says "11 hours to go", while in the bad eyes version it says "11 hours to ". The large scale version by Kobo does not look as nice IMHO.

I wonder, would it be possible for me to modify your bad eyes patch? I don't necessarily need a larger font as you have in bad eyes, but I do like the move from a serif to a sans serif font which I believe makes it immensely more readable.
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:23 AM   #319
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf View Post
One thing I notice, in the bad eyes version the time to complete the book is cut off... In the left image is says "11 hours to go", while in the bad eyes version it says "11 hours to ".
Using a larger font while the provided space does not change, leads to such things. I think the easiest way would be to change in such standard notifications HOURS by hrs and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf View Post
I wonder, would it be possible for me to modify your bad eyes patch? I don't necessarily need a larger font as you have in bad eyes, but I do like the move from a serif to a sans serif font which I believe makes it immensely more readable.
Since the last bad eyes patch, the code of the firmware underwent some changes. I try to update the patch today or tomorrow evening.

Edit: You could also have a look at this this thread. jcn363 provides there also an updated BAD EYES adaptation (in progress, if I understand correctly).

Last edited by tshering; 07-16-2018 at 03:28 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:48 AM   #320
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Edit: You could also have a look at this this thread. jcn363 provides there also an updated BAD EYES adaptation (in progress, if I understand correctly).
Based on tsherig's work I made my own interpretation.
Read this or this for more (I hope so).

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert