Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-05-2018, 07:40 AM   #406
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The problem is the title:

Quote:
The Admiral's Mark (Cotton Malone 0.5)
The plugin is expecting a hash character before the series index. It is expecting it to look like:

Quote:
The Admiral's Mark (Cotton Malone #0.5)
I'll have a look to fix it, but it will probably be sometime next week.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:42 AM   #407
Tijntje
Tijntje began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The problem is the title:

The plugin is expecting a hash character before the series index. It is expecting it to look like:

I'll have a look to fix it, but it will probably be sometime next week.
The weird thing is when I edit the title in Goodreads it does show the #
Tijntje is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2018, 05:08 AM   #408
Iceybones
Iceybones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
davidfor: Ok, so I fixed the issue where the ISBN doesn't get retrieved when Goodreads doesn't have an "Original Title" listed on line one of the book details. Also, now if the Goodreads id points to a kindle edition it retrieves the ASIN. Here is the code. For the worker:
https://hastebin.com/kiyukuzuxu.rb
And the config that adds the option to turn it on or off:
https://hastebin.com/kozabovoxu.rb

Last edited by Iceybones; 08-09-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Iceybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #409
saitoh183
saitoh183 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Fetch metadata via CLI

I wanted to know if it is possible to use this plugin via CLI. So far everything i have tried has no result. Im using a docker container that has calibre in it and i have no GUI. When i do the command here is what i get

Code:
./fetch-ebook-metadata -p Goodreads -o -v -t "The 12th Planet" -a "Zecharia Sitchin"
<calibre.utils.logging.ThreadSafeLog object at 0x7f38dc1e6950>
No results found
i Also tried dropping the json file i found on this thread into my plugin folder along side the Goodreads.zip but still no dice.
saitoh183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:15 AM   #410
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitoh183 View Post
I wanted to know if it is possible to use this plugin via CLI. So far everything i have tried has no result. Im using a docker container that has calibre in it and i have no GUI. When i do the command here is what i get

Code:
./fetch-ebook-metadata -p Goodreads -o -v -t "The 12th Planet" -a "Zecharia Sitchin"
<calibre.utils.logging.ThreadSafeLog object at 0x7f38dc1e6950>
No results found
i Also tried dropping the json file i found on this thread into my plugin folder along side the Goodreads.zip but still no dice.
It works here from the command line. But, that search doesn't work as the first match Goodreads finds is for a book with the title "The 12th Planet by Zecharia Sitchin Summary & Study Guide" by BookRags. The plugin rejects this as not close enough to the title and author that were searched for. The same will happen if you do the search using the calibre GUI.
Advert
Old 08-19-2018, 10:37 AM   #411
saitoh183

Quote:
It works here from the command line. But, that search doesn't work as the first match Goodreads finds is for a book with the title "The 12th Planet by Zecharia Sitchin Summary & Study Guide" by BookRags. The plugin rejects this as not close enough to the title and author that were searched for. The same will happen if you do the search using the calibre GUI.
ah ok so it is the string that is wrong
Old 08-19-2018, 08:09 PM   #412
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
ah ok so it is the string that is wrong
Yes. Unfortunately, the way the Goodreads search works is to use everything supplied as a single argument. That means it doesn't separate the author and title when searching. So, what it is finding in this case is probably the best match for the search. But, obviously not the correct book.

The plugin is only looking at the first result from the search. If I have time, I'll see if I can change it to look at the first few results. This should make it match the book in this case.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:11 PM   #413
saitoh183

Cool looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up about the search string because I'm in the process of creating a python post processing script for lazylibrarian and need to search for metadata from within the script.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2018, 07:08 PM   #414
jaslerx
jaslerx began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4 (use calibre companion & Marvin3)
Not pulling series?

Anyone else having an issue with the scraper not pulling series metadata since Goodreads did a font change for the series on their site?
jaslerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:22 PM   #415
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaslerx View Post
Anyone else having an issue with the scraper not pulling series metadata since Goodreads did a font change for the series on their site?
No I hadn't, but there does look like a layout change, so it has probably broken the scraping for the series. I'll try and look at it tonight.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:35 AM   #416
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - Series changes

As @jaslerx reported, the series information has not been retrieved. This is because of a change in the layout of the book page with how the series information is displayed. And, amazingly, this change is for the better. It makes getting the title and the series information easier and less error prone. And it makes it possible to solve the problem @Tijntje reported earlier in the year.

Attached is a beta to fix this problem. Please test and report if there are any problems.

And while posting this, I realised I had completely forgotten about @Iceybones code for fetching the ASIN. I'll try and merge those changes later in the week week.

Last edited by davidfor; 10-24-2018 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #417
jaslerx
jaslerx began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4 (use calibre companion & Marvin3)
The series scraping seems to be working - Thanks!
jaslerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #418
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
The beta works for me too.
Thank you!
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #419
saitoh183

Quote:
Yes. Unfortunately, the way the Goodreads search works is to use everything supplied as a single argument. That means it doesn't separate the author and title when searching. So, what it is finding in this case is probably the best match for the search. But, obviously not the correct book.

The plugin is only looking at the first result from the search. If I have time, I'll see if I can change it to look at the first few results. This should make it match the book in this case.
@davidfor
Did this make it into the beta you posted?
Old 08-27-2018, 10:43 PM   #420
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@davidfor
Did this make it into the beta you posted?
No. The changes in the beta are just "get it working again". I'll look at this with the other change.

Tags
goodreads, metadata