Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-05-2022, 01:42 AM   #16
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
A new version of the Xiaomi reader has just been released, the Xiaomi Moaan InkPalm Mini Plus 5.84 (3rd Gen):

https://goodereader.com/blog/product...n-ebook-reader
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004397262841.html

I think it has retained its original form factor while managing to squeeze a 5.8-inch screen in. This time around, English interface is available as a default option. So, no longer a "project", I guess, but a legitimate e-ink device.

It's pretty expensive, however, at around €250, so I eventually purchased the new Onyx Boox Poke 4 Lite instead, which likewise runs on Android 11 and can be had for around €160.

That's a 6-inch device, though, but apart from the Xiaomi device, I'm afraid that's the closest one can get nowadays to the original Kobo Mini form factor.

(I was surprised to still find my ancient Kobo Mini sitting on a shelf earlier today, and I'm currently charging it, but I think it's a hopeless effort. More here.)

Last edited by Faterson; 09-05-2022 at 01:48 AM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote