Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #1
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Import Collections

I read Kindle book primarily on two devices: Paperwhite 3 and Kindle for PC ver 1.20.1 (47037).

I have collections set up on the PW and would like to import them to the Kindle for PC, and then have them sync when I go from one reader to the other. There is an option to do that, but when I click on it nothing happens.

Is there something else I should be doing?
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:35 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Kindle for PC supports an old style of collections that is not compatible with newer kindle devices or cloud collections.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2017, 08:49 PM   #3
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Collections...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Kindle for PC supports an old style of collections that is not compatible with newer kindle devices or cloud collections.
OK, thanks. I thought that as time went by they would have updated the PC reader to make it compatible.
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:22 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkavan View Post
OK, thanks. I thought that as time went by they would have updated the PC reader to make it compatible.
Kindle-for-PC is an afterthought.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote