Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 10-21-2018, 08:11 PM   #76
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I listened to one of the nominated books, What Was She Thinking? by Zoe Heller. What a weird little book!
It was also made into a movie, Notes on a Scandal, in 2006 starring Judi Dench and Cate Blanchett.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:17 AM   #77
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I listened to one of the nominated books, What Was She Thinking? by Zoe Heller. What a weird little book!
Spoiler:
It was going along so nicely, and then, BAM! It just ended. If not for the final credits, I would have thought the last part hadn't downloaded. I wanted more of a resolution.
That’s interesting to know - thanks, Catlady.

I nominated it without having read it, but thinking it could be worth looking at, especially as it was filmed with two stellar actors, as Bookworm-Girl has noted.

I hope to check it out.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2018, 10:59 AM   #78
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
That’s interesting to know - thanks, Catlady.

I nominated it without having read it, but thinking it could be worth looking at, especially as it was filmed with two stellar actors, as Bookworm-Girl has noted.

I hope to check it out.
It was already on my wish list at the library, and your nomination reminded me of it. It definitely was a good fit for the category, and might have sparked interesting discussion.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the movie.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote