Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-05-2018, 05:45 PM   #41971
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ahh yes ... the dilemma of capturing pics of a black cat. They *always* look like a black shadow. Mine has some white on her tum - but she almost never shows her tum.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:50 AM   #41972
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
A bit later than promised, but it's hard to take a good picture of two black kittens, that it's clear that there are two, not one big fluff ball. They also seem to have two settings: on and off. When they're on they can't keep still and when they're off it's hard to take a good picture.

Luna is the small, black and white one. Maru is the big, dark brown/grey one.

Spoiler:
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:14 AM   #41973
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just checked tyre pressure on my car and used my new 12v pump to top up two of them. Got tired of the footpump,as my knees are not up to sustained up and down movement like that,so treated myself to the electric one!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #41974
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just a couple of more days and my sister and I are going on vacation. The park we're going to has the option to check in 2 hours early for €12,50. We've requested this (when it is busy it isn't possible). Check in at 1pm or 3pm doesn't sound like a lot of difference but I think it might be. You're always rushing around on arrival day; checking in, bringing you're luggage to the cottage, unpacking, going to the supermarket, unpacking the groceries, figuring out where you can find everything in the cottage and making dinner (although we usually get take out on the first day).

Also, we leave earlier, so I don't have to hang around so long. On days I go on a vacation I always wake up super early.

It does look like I'll have to go downstairs to the store on Sunday. Right now there are still one shipment I've already started on and one full shipment waiting for me to process it and I expect at least one other. My father hates processing shipments and he'll just pull stuff out of the boxes and not note what he's sold, which results in a mess when I get back. So if I can limit the number of unpacked things it'll make my life easier after my vacation.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #41975
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
A bit later than promised, but it's hard to take a good picture of two black kittens, that it's clear that there are two, not one big fluff ball. They also seem to have two settings: on and off. When they're on they can't keep still and when they're off it's hard to take a good picture.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Puddies!

:-) Thanks, I love seein' happy, adopted puddies in a new home.

H
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:59 PM   #41976
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Puddies!

:-) Thanks, I love seein' happy, adopted puddies in a new home.

H
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #41977
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

My sister and I have started Operation Weekend Trip.

Today, I saw that King's Day, a bank holiday, is on a Saturday next year. I often go away on King's Day, to escape the noise. But I realized that this is the perfect opportunity for my parents to take a weekend trip. My father loathes to not be there on Saturday; it's the busiest day of the week and we have consulting hour. The last time they went away was in February 2017, because they got it for Christmas and their birthdays from us. Their weekend break before that was in 2010 or 2011, and they got that from friends they helped out.

I suggested it to my father and he really liked the idea, he's been saying he wants to go away for a weekend since they got back from their last trip. But I know him, and chances are he won't follow through. So I've just emailed my sister that we need to subtly keep nudging him. We might suggest it would be a nice Christmas or birthday present for my mother (who never knows what she wants).
Old 11-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #41978
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post

Spoiler:
I dove the dittle babies!!

I just finished eating 3 granola bars and I'm slowly unpacking the rest of the groceries.

*munching and unpacking*
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #41979
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Today I've done laundry and packed most of my things, only my pajamas, chargers and some toiletries left to pack.

I've just given my glasses a good clean in the ultrasonic cleaner. It's always a shock how much better I can see after a clean.

My sister complained that I had packed too much, her car is smaller than my father's Renault Espace. However, most of that stuff is for us both; kitchen roll, toilet rolls, kitchen things, fondue set, etc. Most of my personal stuff I was able to put in my suitcase and backpack. The only big item that didn't fit was my blanket. She's coming to pick my up tomorrow at 11.15am and then we have to play tetris to fit all the stuff in.

I've got a giftcard and a chocolate letter for her as a thank you for driving. I'll put them in one of her shoes on Sunday morning. (On Saturday St. Nicholas arrives in the Netherlands, and traditional children will get small presents in their shoe)
Old 11-14-2018, 02:34 AM   #41980
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Enjoying my vacation. The cottage we booked is really nice and we've been lucky with the weather so far. A bit gray on Monday and yesterday morning. But in the afternoon it got sunny and right now, just after the sun came up, it's already looking nice. It's a really quiet vacation park and we're in a cul-de-sac so we haven't seen anyone walk by yet.

Yesterday we pottered about; my sister slept in late, I read and played games. Today we're going out to lunch at the nearby village. Tomorrow we're going to a bigger town a bit further away, there's a market on Thursday. And for Friday we've got another pottering-about day planned. During the weekend my sister wants to go do something, but she hasn't decided what.

Right now I'm enjoying the quiet and I'm about to finish my current book while I'm waiting for my sister to get up and ready to go out.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:52 PM   #41981
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder if pottering is different from puttering. Linguists? i only know "puttering" from my experience in the Chicago and central-Pennsylvania areas. And book reading.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:44 PM   #41982
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I wonder if pottering is different from puttering. Linguists? i only know "puttering" from my experience in the Chicago and central-Pennsylvania areas. And book reading.
FWIW, even two of my dictionaries literally use the same phrases as usage examples of the two--pottering and puttering. "The little old lady is puttering/pottering around in the garden." They are literally described identically in all ways, other than geographic usage. Pottering is shown as being predominantly UK/NA usage, whilst puttering is apparently more widespread.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:31 PM   #41983
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks! I'd guessed that it was much the same thing.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:51 PM   #41984
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Currently listening to The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and learning how to "make deposits in emotional bank accounts." I've been withdrawing for too long.

TANSTAAFL
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 02:52 AM   #41985
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

The final day of our vacation, as usual it went by too quickly. We've been lucky with the weather, only on Monday and Friday did we have grey and damp weather. Otherwise it has been sunny.

On Thursday we went to the town of Middelburg, which was a really nice town. It was also market day, which was nice. My sister wanted to do a boat tour, but it was closed (no opening times on the website). Yesterday we visited the Delta Works park at Neeltje Jans. Which was really interesting and outside it was beautiful (though cold and windy). They offered a boat tour, so we did that.

Today we'll mostly potter/putter around. We've got a washing machine and dryer in our cottage, so we'll do our laundry today and tonight we'll pack.

My sister's going to sleep in, so I've still got a few hours on my own. I had planned to do some more watercolouring today, but decided against it, since my brushes wouldn't be able to properly dry before tomorrow.

Right now I'm looking around the Dick Blick website and being envious about all the art and craft things I can't get in the Netherlands. I'm also debating whether to order some shirts; they just send out a mail that their Black Friday sale has started, but they might have better offers on Black Friday.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?