Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2015, 09:55 AM   #1
fortea
fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 2014 7th generation 5.6.5
Petition to Amazon for Kindle Jailbreak

Hi guys!
I just opened a petition at Avaaz.org to ask to Amazon to reintroduce the possibility to jailbreak kindles devices.

Have a look to it: https://secure.avaaz.org/it/petition..._customizable/
fortea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
No company is going to encourage jailbreaking their devices. Give it up.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #3
uncletoma
Connoisseur
uncletoma doesn't litteruncletoma doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Worst Avaaz petitions site use ever
I'm an Avaaz active member... i prefear we use it for really important matters (eg.: COP21) and not for "personal use"... for craps there's Change.org
uncletoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:06 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
You Don't like Kindles Buy another Brand! There are a Lot out there perhaps you find some thing you like Right out of the box.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #5
fortea
fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.fortea is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 2014 7th generation 5.6.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
No company is going to encourage jailbreaking their devices. Give it up.
Not to encourage is not forbid. Apple and Google actually want that their systems can be "hacked".
fortea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortea View Post
Not to encourage is not forbid. Apple and Google actually want that their systems can be "hacked".
See there you go! Buy one of them hack away!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:

Apple are the biggest control freaks ever.

They've been warring against jailbreakers since the beginning... Most iOS updates include mechanisms both to disable old JB methods and destroy running JBs.
Sometimes they destroy the phone too.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:59 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Hi guys!
I just opened a petition at Avaaz.org to ask to Amazon to reintroduce the possibility to jailbreak kindles devices.

Have a look to it: https://secure.avaaz.org/it/petition..._customizable/
Why ask to be jailbroken? You'd be better off asking for the features you want. That way Amazon could still retain control.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:17 PM   #9
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You'd be better off asking for the features you want. That way Amazon could still retain control.
You have a point here. Well, I personally want access to books by folders, not by collections, and a decent way to organize collections. As we all know, this may be the oldest request Amazon has got, and not honored yet. What makes you think Amazon is going to start this now?

What is left? Jailbreak. Personally, I prefer soft-, not hard-jailbreak. Or, abandon ship. Not an option, for a number of reasons I will not discuss here.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #10
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I believe that jail breaking does more harm than good. And yes I have done it myself at times. But if it requires me to break open a sealed device then I find that totally stupid. I was a electronics Tech/engineer that once everything started to become a sealed device, I leaved the field and went on to become a software engineer. Now I do not program but I did a lot of QC to developers code, and believe you me they make mistakes. And it is still true for every bug found there are at least 100 more that have not been found yet. I know that there are programs now that can check the code, but there you get buggy coded programs trying to debug other buggy code. So you get even more buggy code.
cvkemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:28 PM   #11
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
@cvkemp: Your argument is perfect against ANY use of computer technology. But, as all humans do mistakes, not only computer programmers, I prefer not to think this further.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:01 PM   #12
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why ask to be jailbroken? You'd be better off asking for the features you want. That way Amazon could still retain control.
These things are best left to the community to develop. Manufacturers rarely if ever produce software that satisfies all users. And they rarely listen.

Last edited by Rizla; 01-27-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:19 PM   #13
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Amazon has always been customer focused, so I think it's a good thing to bring a petition like this to their attention. It would be so easy for them to do, too. Just add a page to the "manage your Kindle" page, some kind of legalese that says you waive your warranty, and poof, amazon uploads the developer certificate to the Kindle. Everyone's happy.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, kindle, petition