Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-09-2004, 11:08 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
eReader for PPC fuzzy on WM 2003 SE?

I noticed that eReader (latest version 2.5.2) looks really "fuzzy" under Windows Mobile 2003 SE.

Am I doing something wrong or is there any way to fix this?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 04:25 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm running 2.5.2 on Win Mobile 2003 SE, but it doesn't look fuzzy to me. (Well, at least not any more fuzzy or pixelated than anything else.)

I think there's an option in ereader for text settings/ smooth font or something like that. Give that a try on and off...
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2004, 05:04 PM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks Bob. I don't thin it is related to cleartype. I have a VGA device, and it appears that eReader just doesn't like VGA. Do you know?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:30 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Tad,

I had the same problem with eReader on my PPC. The problem is that eReader doesn't recognize true VGA on WM2003SE devices. The result is the fuzzy text you see.

You can try to solve the problem with a VGA-enable hack, such as provided with Tweaks2k2. OR: I attached a file for you that you can try adding (first unzip) to your eReader program directory, it should force eReader to activate VGA.

The hack works even better if you switch back to using eReader 2.4.2 or earlier. Starting with 2.4.3, eReader includes its own DPI management, which interferes with WM2003SE. I was able to find an official package of 2.4.1 and attached it here for you. If you know where to find 2.4.2, please tell me

The bad news: Peter Fry, the main programmer for eReader PPC, left the company. This is why you don't see any major updates recently.

Of course I wonder how eReader could have won the Pocket PC Best Product Awards as the best e-book reader if it doesn't even natively support VGA screens (uBook does and so does iSilo).
Attached Files
File Type: zip VGAenable.zip (1,020 Bytes, 689 views)
File Type: zip eReader_2.41.zip (1.36 MB, 733 views)
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote