Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2018, 05:46 AM   #1
kdusr
Connoisseur
kdusr began at the beginning.

Device: KOA, KV, KOA2,PW4,PW5
Exclamation upgrade KO2 to 5.10.11, JB got a problem

my KO2 is JBed and not installed KUAL, normally I launch xterm from [;log runme --> RUNME.sh] first
then I start my kindle App from xterm command line

yesterday I upgrade my KO2 to 5.10.11,the upgrade is success
but after that, JB got a problem,

I execute [;log runme --> RUNME.sh] to launch xterm ,it does not work any more,
tried to edit RUNME.sh, like:
#!/bin/sh
eips 0 0 "hello world"

execute [;log runme] again, KO2 display "hello world" at left top corrner of screen,
that means, JBed Kindle still can run some command, but can not launch xterm,
Knc1 do you have any idea about this ? could you give a hint to fix it?
thanks!
kdusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:36 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Have you installed the latest hotfix?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1597
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:21 AM   #3
kdusr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Have you installed the latest hotfix?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1597

my KO2 JBed on 5.9.x version(Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.15_koa2), after upgrade to 5.10.11, got issue, so only need run hotfix :JailBreak-1.15.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip to fix it, is it right?
Old 11-14-2018, 07:38 AM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Well, we'd wait for @NiLuJe comment if the latest universal hotfix is compatible with KOA2.
Seems that the KOA2 hotfix has not been updated to support 5.10.1.1.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:44 AM   #5
makue
Custom User Title
makue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Can only speak for my KOA2. First installed the newest hotfix from NiLuJe mentiond here. It was the "JailBreak-1.15.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip" file not a/the special KOA2 hotfix.
Then to avoid problems made an intermediate update to 5.9.7 and from there to 5.10.1.1.
For me this procedure worked and everything's ok again after reinstalling mrpi installer, Kual and the extensions. So yes, IMHO this universal hotfix works for KOA2 at least mine
makue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:03 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Shouldn't be an issue no .

There's no longer anything that would set the KOA2 apart as far as the bridge/hotfix is concerned.

You just need to run an up-to-date hotfix, and I mention the latest FW version supported in the Edit reason of that post, so that should be enough info.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:14 PM   #7
kdusr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Shouldn't be an issue no .

There's no longer anything that would set the KOA2 apart as far as the bridge/hotfix is concerned.

You just need to run an up-to-date hotfix, and I mention the latest FW version supported in the Edit reason of that post, so that should be enough info.
so, just Copy the "Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.15.N_install.bin" file to the root directory of Kindle.

and go to [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Kindle

is it right?
Old 11-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@kdusr: Yup.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:43 AM   #9
kdusr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@kdusr: Yup.
thanks, yesterday evening I run the hotfix, it works perfectly