Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-17-2018, 03:45 PM   #16666
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm done with my Kobo accounts, every time I get a code it doesn't work, and most of the time the book is already higher priced at Kobo than Amazon anyways. IMO it's just not worth my time having an account with them anymore.

Anyways, over the years I've saved the codes my family has gotten and tried to use them, periodically one will work, but not worth my time anymore as I've said. If anybody cares to try them, here they are; [good luck]

90%
2GQZDM
2E7A8L
X3Y5XU
VB7JTB
682LMN
J6BNPA
3VJNW9
ZFEWP5
5MXE3B
D4Y7XY
LP2K45
MRWF8A
59SLXU
CF3755
U4Q4PF
Q76MFW
B6C6DP
8CBQGE
MZM5JB
98HX3X
BS4CEM
UQJL4F
8JY5GL
VFBND3
AE68EW
8AUGUD
9M3N76
SUXU48
LA5RNW
WC4EP9
96SKYD
2GASA7
G2PQ5N
L6EDNZ
S8ANUM
LBSGJG
XALT79
FZYS2K
NCEPP9
24AV9Z

50%
X6M4UK
6Y59HD
3SUV9A
M2DS6Z
ZW88GB
6UA7S6
DRWVTQ
9XUS5J
B22Z6S
KEGL9W
ARXEQL
UFJTH3
GVAJWS
LK6QCD
XKYC2B
XNFR84
UL7NQ6
HFX3J5
X2L4DR
CX9Z35
962LFB
FUHTPV
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:37 AM   #16667
jimars
Zealot
jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Thinkpad
I tried a bunch of these -- none of them worked for me.
jimars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #16668
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekiwi View Post
So I just recieved an email from kobo saying they have topped up my kobosuperpoints to 4000 points. (the extra bonus points will expire on August 22 or 24 (not quite sure which as the main text of the mail and the details at the bottom have different dates)).
Anyway others may want to check their accounts and see if they got it too, and spend it before it expires :-)
It seems they want you to buy a VIP membership but you can also use it for books
I just got an email this morning saying they topped my super points to 2400. It gave me a link to free ebooks I could get, but one of the first books was $11.51. You can't get that with 2400 points. When I logged in it shows that I only have 1291 points. Can Kobo do anything correctly?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:13 PM   #16669
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I actually got a 25% off coupon in one of my emails last week that worked! First working coupon I've gotten from them in a year.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:04 AM   #16670
ExpatVietnam
Enthusiast
ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.

Location: Bangladesh. (I didn't think about the permanence of my username.) Sigh.
Device: Kobo Glo, Fire10
Worked for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I'm done with my Kobo accounts, every time I get a code it doesn't work, and most of the time the book is already higher priced at Kobo than Amazon anyways. IMO it's just not worth my time having an account with them anymore.

Anyways, over the years I've saved the codes my family has gotten and tried to use them, periodically one will work, but not worth my time anymore as I've said. If anybody cares to try them, here they are; [good luck]

90%
2GQZDM

50%
X6M4UK
I used the SUXU48 code just now and got 90% off a 32.99 book -- so even the 0.99 ending didn't preclude its use.

THANKS! It's a book I've wanted for a long time, just not for $33.

Last edited by ExpatVietnam; 10-23-2018 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Quoted area too long
ExpatVietnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #16671
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
This one worked for me. Thanks
LK6QCD
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:19 PM   #16672
KjellM
Connoisseur
KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Worked For Me

This one worked for me - HFX3J5
Thanks
KjellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:04 AM   #16673
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5

A HarperCollins book from my wishlist is currently $1.99 at Amazon, but I'd rather buy at Kobo. Search on author; the book's $1.99. Click on description; the book's $1.99. I've had problems with the "Buy Now" button at Kobo, so I add it to my cart. A good thing, because once in my cart, the book is $9.49. No matter how many times I repeat the steps, so it remains.

It's not worth the risk of buying it in my cart and hoping to be charged the "real" price nor the nuisance of contacting Kobo CS. I figure I'll try again later and ultimately will buy from Amazon if things don't right themselves, but buying a book shouldn't be this much trouble.

I don't love Amazon which certainly hasn't always done right by me, but at least I know that any issue with an ebook price can be undone immediately by returning a book.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:41 PM   #16674
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

A HarperCollins book from my wishlist is currently $1.99 at Amazon, but I'd rather buy at Kobo. Search on author; the book's $1.99. Click on description; the book's $1.99. I've had problems with the "Buy Now" button at Kobo, so I add it to my cart. A good thing, because once in my cart, the book is $9.49. No matter how many times I repeat the steps, so it remains.

It's not worth the risk of buying it in my cart and hoping to be charged the "real" price nor the nuisance of contacting Kobo CS. I figure I'll try again later and ultimately will buy from Amazon if things don't right themselves, but buying a book shouldn't be this much trouble.

I don't love Amazon which certainly hasn't always done right by me, but at least I know that any issue with an ebook price can be undone immediately by returning a book.
That's up to you. If you don't have a problem with store credit (and I don't because I'm an ebook hoarder who buys too much anyway), it takes a minute to fill out the Kobo price match request, and take a screen print of the Amazon price. In a day or two, you'll get an email from Kobo Customer Service, and they'll credit you with store credit so that your effective cost was $1.79 plus local taxes on $1.79. Sure, I get it, if you're someone who buys 1 ebook a year, you're not going to want $8 in store credit sitting around forever, or if Amazon puts a boatload of books on sale for a day, and you would end up with $60 in store credit for $5 of books at Amazon. But, if you're someone who buys at least a couple books from Kobo a month, it's really no big deal to price match once in a while.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #16675
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
3SUV9A Worked for me. 50% off. Thanks!

Here’s the thing about Kobo discounts. First of all, Kobo’s business model is different than Amazon’s. Amazon gives things away to lure people in. They make up for it by hiking the prices on other things. Secondly, Kobo’s discounts are almost never global. They are trapped by agency pricing. The codes work for certain books from certain publishers for certain periods of time. This is clear in the emails the codes arrive in, complete with link to the select books on sale, but gets confusing when the codes are shared in forums like this. Thirdly, all of this is annoying, especially the price discrepancies, but Kobo has limited clout to dictate prices. I’ll pay an extra buck or two to buy from Kobo for the convenience of ordering straight off my Kobo. If you strip DRM, however, it makes more sense to buy where the prices are lowest.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:47 AM   #16676
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Kobo Canada is offering a very limited selection of books @ $4.99 for today only. Of more interest in these parts I'm sure is the promo code VIP5 that will give 50% off VIP membership for a year.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:15 AM   #16677
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
The VIP5 code worked for me in the US as well. So I was able to "renew" my membership (which I let lapse on Oct 16). So thanks!
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:02 PM   #16678
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Thanks. I got the membership discount too. I let it lapse and was going to wait until I had the points to renew. Too bad they don't let you pay in points with the half off code.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #16679
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
So, Kobo Canada is having a VIP sale. 25% off with the code VIP25.

Thing is, this sale is bigger than anything I've seen from Kobo in a long, long time. I've only looked at the "Otherworldly Sci-Fi and Fantasy" list... but that list is 99 pages long!

Also, the sale is on a lot of Agency books. If you want to top up your Stephen King or Raymond E. Feist collection, this would appear to be the sale for you!
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:25 AM   #16680
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
If you use Ebates when you buy from Kobo, Ebates is showing a special of 12% cash back when shopping at Kobo, for today (13 Dec) only.

No link or anything - it just pops up (for me, at least, YMMV) when I open the Kobo site.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals