Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #91
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatde130113 View Post
Could anyone explain the purpose of this software and how to use it with my KPW2 5.4.3?
The purpose is stated in the title and described in the first post.

This package also contains usage instructions in addition to those posted in this thread.
The first post of this thread contains a link to the README file, also on-line at:
https://github.com/NiLuJe/KindleTool...ster/README.md

P.S: You do not "use it with" (is not run on the Kindle), you "use it for" the Kindles (run it on a different machine/OS to deal with Kindle binary install packages).

Last edited by knc1; 03-22-2014 at 09:40 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #92
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
And if you want to do both (which can have some very, very specific practical applications), it's bundled w/ the USBNetwork hack.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #93
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@NiLuJe:
Could you build 1.6.3 Kindletool and post in your snapshots thread?
Old 07-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #94
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@knc1: The snapshots currently are the 1.6.3 RC .
Old 07-27-2014, 03:15 PM   #95
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@knc1: The snapshots currently are the 1.6.3 RC .
Oh, I was thrown off by the name:
kindletool-v1.6.2.20-linux-i686.tar.gz

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030

Hmm...
Maybe I used the wrong snapshot thread.
Advert
Old 07-27-2014, 04:20 PM   #96
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: Nope, that's the one.

Might be confusing if you're not familiar with git tag based versioning scheme:

1.6.2.20 == 20 commits after 1.6.2 was tagged.

(I'm waiting for the few unknown ones to pop-up before tagging 1.6.3, and since I only use 'release' names in the wiki, I went with 1.6.3 there, which I thought would be slightly less confusing and more recognizable than a transitory snapshot version).
Old 08-28-2014, 12:04 AM   #97
Latint81
Latint81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2
Will this package works in a Mac ? Will install the certificates ? Why I installed and still saying non authorized ?

QUOTE=NiLuJe;2183767]For 'live' examples of how one might use this to package something, here's the source to a minimal package that won't install anything, just run a script during the install process.
It's *very* Touch specific, don't use it on older devices.
For older devices, take a look at any of my hacks, the simplest being the 'dummy' one again .
On a completely unrelated note:
Please don't feed non-POSIXy paths to the native win32 port, it won't like it . That means no Windows drive letters, no weird // links, no weird extra \. and to be perfectly safe, only use /, not \ (although it *should* handle the backslash => slash conversion correctly).
It will also horribly dies if you pass a directory with a trailing path separator to the commandline...
EDIT: MKK is another example of a full package, this one supporting *every* devices... (And it's actually fully functional, it's a revamp of PoP's & ixtab's merged developer keystore & Kindlet Jailbreak files & installers).
I aimed for a cleaner/simpler/shorter buildscript, while still supporting every devices.[/QUOTE]
Latint81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:09 AM   #98
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Latint81: You're quite possibly in the wrong thread. What's the issue, exactly?
Old 08-28-2014, 07:14 AM   #99
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latint81 View Post
Will this package works in a Mac ? Will install the certificates ? Why I installed and still saying non authorized ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
For 'live' examples of how one might use this to package something, here's the source to a minimal package that won't install anything, just run a script during the install process.
It's *very* Touch specific, don't use it on older devices.
For older devices, take a look at any of my hacks, the simplest being the 'dummy' one again .
On a completely unrelated note:
Please don't feed non-POSIXy paths to the native win32 port, it won't like it . That means no Windows drive letters, no weird // links, no weird extra \. and to be perfectly safe, only use /, not \ (although it *should* handle the backslash => slash conversion correctly).
It will also horribly dies if you pass a directory with a trailing path separator to the commandline...
EDIT: MKK is another example of a full package, this one supporting *every* devices... (And it's actually fully functional, it's a revamp of PoP's & ixtab's merged developer keystore & Kindlet Jailbreak files & installers).
I aimed for a cleaner/simpler/shorter buildscript, while still supporting every devices.
It had better, since that is what the author uses.

This is the tool for CREATING installation packages,
NOT
for installing packages.

This tool (normally) is not installed on a Kindle, it is installed on your software development machine.
(There are exceptions to be found, where the Kindle and the software development machine are one and the same.)

To install the "package signature certificate" - that is the job of the "Jailbreak" (thread).
(This enables the user to install any of our signed packages - such as "MKK")

To install the "application developer certificate(s)" - that is the job of the "MKK" (thread).
(From the message you referenced, this is the package you are missing on your Kindle.)

As NiLuJe wrote - please be more specific about what issue you are finding (and post in the appropriate or in a new thread).

Quote:
After a software is released, the first bug found will be by a person who normally does not use that portion of the program but was wondering why he can't do something he normally would not do.
Ref: http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-computer.html

Last edited by knc1; 08-28-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #100
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2, Kobo H20, Kobo Aura One
Archlinux package

For those interested, I made a PKGBUILD for Archlinux (see attachment), that compiles kindletool from git, into a package.

Untar in a temporary directory, cd into it and:

Code:
$ makepkg -s
To install:

Code:
$ sudo pacman -U kindletool-git-1.6.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
I'll see if I can upload it to the AUR at some point.
Attached Files
File Type: gz PKGBUILD.tar.gz (625 Bytes, 335 views)
barsanuphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #101
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released 1.6.3, with support for the few late PW2 models, and the KT2 .
Old 02-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #102
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Guys I have create bulgarian keyboard replacing some of the letters with russians. But I do not know how to compile it? Is possible someone to help me?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #103
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Or is it possible if I upload the files somewhere someone to compile the keyboard for me?
Old 02-20-2015, 02:27 AM   #104
donMaranzano
Zealot

Can anyone help me please?
Old 03-30-2015, 02:12 AM   #105
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Just FYI, I am currently maintaining a kindletool/kindletool-git package in the ArchLinux AUR.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindletool, update