Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
5steve5
5steve5 began at the beginning.

Device: none
New to Calibre with a ?

I have Calibre loaded on my mac mini and I also have a iPad but wanting to get some kind of Kindle for my wife who is a tech illiterate and I'm not very savvy myself. I am really wanting to get one other than the Fire due to ease of reading plus I do get some eye strain on my iPad. Thinking of the Touch. At this time I have no device. But back to my question, I have tried to put some of the free books into my Calibre library from Amazon with no joy. When I go to my downloads on my mac I see the 3 books I downloaded but when I go to my downloads in Calibre they are grayed out so I can't load them into Calibre. Again I'm not very good on this puter so I need simple answers.
5steve5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Try dragging and dropping them to calibre
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
5steve5
5steve5 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Try dragging and dropping them to calibre
Helen
Thanks, they did show up in the Calibre library doing the drag and drop. Now I just need to get me a Kindle of some sort and see if they will read.
5steve5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool free

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5steve5 View Post
Thanks, they did show up in the Calibre library doing the drag and drop. Now I just need to get me a Kindle of some sort and see if they will read.
free aps, Kindle for PC or Kindle Previewer
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote