Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-30-2024, 07:30 AM   #1
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Anyone else having trouble with Google Play books?

All my purchased books are missing in Google Play Books on my Windows computer and my Android phone app. Thought I'd check to see if anyone else is having a problem with Google Play or if it's just me?
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 07:54 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
All my purchased books are missing in Google Play Books on my Windows computer and my Android phone app. Thought I'd check to see if anyone else is having a problem with Google Play or if it's just me?
My books are on my Windows computer; I don't have a device with the app at hand.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2024, 08:42 AM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
My books are on my Windows computer; I don't have a device with the app at hand.
Thanks for letting me know.

If it doesn't start working soon I'll try contacting Google support.

I can find my books if I go into my order history, and can click "read" there and open a book on my computer or phone but they don't show in my library so no way to download to put them on my epub e-readers.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:57 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Mine are missing also. As I have long since downloaded and deDRMed them, I'm not going to bother with complaining to Google. If they restore them, fine; if not, I'm not going to spill any tears over it.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 09:14 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
I can find my books if I go into my order history, and can click "read" there and open a book on my computer or phone but they don't show in my library so no way to download to put them on my epub e-readers.
I got a bunch of free comics from GooglePlayBooks and that happened to about half of them. They didn't appear on any filter settings. But you could "read" them.
Then 2 days later they appeared in the Library.

Though my Collections on Amazon broke years ago, the Download Library has always worked fine. No issues with Kobo or Smashwords either. Google's download system seems arcane.

Also I could not redeem a Playstore Giftcard and the Chat/Support person said it would take 3 days to review the issue.
Compared to Amazon, UK/Ireland National Book Tokens, Nintendo, Apple and One4All gift cards the Google system seems totally broken.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2024, 09:16 AM   #6
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Mine are missing also. As I have long since downloaded and deDRMed them, I'm not going to bother with complaining to Google. If they restore them, fine; if not, I'm not going to spill any tears over it.
I had bought a new book yesterday and was planning to download today.
It's still in my purchase history and can be accessed there but not downloaded.

I'm glad yo know I'm not the only one though.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:18 AM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Just to check (and just in case ) I tried downloading a few Play books I'd not got around to downloading yet and it worked smoothly.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 09:34 AM   #8
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Just to check (and just in case ) I tried downloading a few Play books I'd not got around to downloading yet and it worked smoothly.
I can access my books only via my order history and there's no download option there. My Google Play library is showing 0 (zero) purchases.

It's odd that it's down for some people but not everyone - usually in the past I've found that if a store or Overdrive or whatever isn't working, it isn't working for anyone.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:04 AM   #9
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
My Library is showing all of my past purchases, and the export link is there for the ones I checked.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 10:14 AM   #10
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I only got one book and it is now missing. Not a problem for me as it was a freebie and I didn’t enjoy it anyway.
Edit: it shows on order history but no way to get it. Same as 4691mls.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 10:29 AM   #11
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Clearly something is wrong there. I have (or rather, "should have") many hundreds of ebooks in my Google Play library. At the moment there's zero. They're in my order history, as said by others.

I would not be averse to a scenario where Google has lost them irreversibly and has to give me refunds for them. I'm afraid that's not likely, though. Sooner or later they'll fix this.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:27 AM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
My Google Play Library appears to be intact on my Android phone. I haven't actually used it in a long time, so I needed to reinstall the app. But once I did that, all previous purchases were listed in my library and downloaded and opened OK.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 12:38 PM   #13
4691mls
Wizard

I looked at the Google help forum and found other people complaining this problem in the past day so hopefully Google is now aware of the issue.
I've also reported it through the help/feedback feature in the Play Books app.

https://support.google.com/googlepla...85632026688-NC
Old 01-30-2024, 01:14 PM   #14
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
I just looked at my google books last night and my library showed up and downloaded an acsm file it worked using calibre and the DeACSM plugin. Just checked and my library is not showing any ebooks but that acsm file still works. Google seems to have made a change in the google web site today the sign out popup is different from last night.

bernie
Quote:
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 01:47 PM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
If you log in on browser or a new android device the library of downloaded titles is empty. The content does show up on 'past orders' and claims to be visible. I can't see how to download anything on Chromium on desktop.
One existing Android device has complete library contents, the others don't.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote