Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-21-2023, 05:29 PM   #16
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Somewhere around 3.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 06:58 PM   #17
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
About 60 percent non-fiction by number of titles. And the non-fiction books I read tend to be longer.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2023, 07:41 PM   #18
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Probably 80% fiction, the other 20% is a mix of mostly astrophysics and then general science. Once in a while I'll read a biography or military history, but it's just a small percentage.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 04:56 PM   #19
McGonigle
Connoisseur
McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad 2018,
In my younger years I used to read mostly fiction. The days I tend to prefer non-fiction. So from 10 to 1. I wonder if anyone else has the same experience?

Well, I’ll edit the numbers because they are too extreme, so about 6 - 1.

Last edited by McGonigle; 09-23-2023 at 12:01 PM.
McGonigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 04:59 PM   #20
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGonigle View Post
In my younger years I used to read mostly fiction. The days I tend to prefer non-fiction. So from 10 to 1. I wonder if anyone else has the same experience?
Not me. If anything, I read more nonfiction when I was younger, but fiction has always been my first love.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2023, 05:31 PM   #21
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGonigle View Post
Similar, but not as extreme, and while I was in elementary school a large minority of my reading was biography and I tended to read the entire history and geography textbooks at the beginning of the school year. But yeah, my fiction reading has been decreasing and non-work related non-fiction reading increasing over time.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 07:01 PM   #22
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I read mostly fiction, and my preferred genres are Science Fiction, Mystery, Historical Fiction and fantasy. I used to read a lot of Western books, mostly Louis L'Amour, but I find most current western books not to my taste.
Non-Fiction is mostly History and some Biographies.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 12:05 AM   #23
kevin3289
Addict
kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Not as much as I used to. Just a little bit of both.
kevin3289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 12:27 PM   #24
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
10. 100% fiction.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 03:54 AM   #25
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
For pleasure reading its almost 100% fiction. My go to genre is historical fiction, then fantasy. I am reading a book now on the history of mathematical and scientific thought though by one of Hawking's colleagues, Premrose. Occasionally I'll pick up an old text book and refresh myself on how to calculate something, the last time was how to calculate adiabatic combustion temperature. I'm also occasionally reading my old linear algebra text book in preparation for reading a book on differential geometry, but mostly that's planned as a retirement endeavor, which is coming in a year to a year and a half.

I'm also reading the Holy Bible, but not just daily passages, but reading it in its chronological order, which isn't necessarily the order arranged, particularly the old testament.

Last edited by drofgnal; 09-25-2023 at 03:57 AM.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 09:20 PM   #26
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Somewhere around 90-95% fiction. But I am attracted to quirky non-fiction subjects.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 07:45 AM   #27
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetieT View Post
To be honest, I only read fiction, but if you turn on the right light and atmospheric music, you can read some sci-fi or even a detective story. Then it seems fun
I hope everyone is honest in this thread.

For the purpose of this thread, fiction includes books that aren't non-fiction. So sci-sci-fi and detective story are fiction.

Last edited by John F; 10-07-2023 at 08:24 AM.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 03:49 PM   #28
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I don't read much fiction (usually fantasy or sci-fi or the odd spy novel/thriller) these days --- mostly just new books by authors I'm fond of, or who have not yet finished series I've been following (Steven Brust just finished the antepenultimate book in his Dragaera novels) --- mostly just non-fiction trying to round out my rather spotty education, or technical documentation for getting various projects done.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:20 PM   #29
VixPeritus
VixPeritus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Almost entirely fiction. Only non-fiction I do find myself reading is usually WW2 history. Not sure what it is but I just can't lose myself to non fiction in the same way I can with fiction. I seem to learn far better through podcasts and YouTube anyway.
VixPeritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 05:11 PM   #30
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by VixPeritus View Post
Almost entirely fiction. Only non-fiction I do find myself reading is usually WW2 history. Not sure what it is but I just can't lose myself to non fiction in the same way I can with fiction. I seem to learn far better through podcasts and YouTube anyway.
Interesting...I'm just the opposite. I learn much better by reading, and always have. Videos are helpful with some things, but for the most part, I retain it better if I read it. Podcasts for learning don't work for me at all. It's very hard for me to focus on just sound. My eyes are looking for something to do, and then my brain gets distracted by what I'm looking at, then I have to go back 5 or 10 minutes because I have no idea what's going on in the podcast. This is the same thing that happens when I try to listen to an audiobook.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote