Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-07-2018, 03:19 PM   #1
bongio
Connoisseur
bongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the rough

Device: Energy eReader Pro HD
Boox Note update

Apparently there's a new (?) software update for Boox Note.
I'm downloading it right now, I hope it will fix some annoying Neoreader's bug.
bongio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:52 PM   #2
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongio View Post
Apparently there's a new (?) software update for Boox Note.
I'm downloading it right now, I hope it will fix some annoying Neoreader's bug.

I have checked mine but I didn't see any update yet.
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2018, 07:55 PM   #3
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
How long have you had your Note? Mine updated a day or two after I received it last month. That was the March update. AFAIK, there's no newer update (yet).
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:39 PM   #4
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
No update for mine either. But perhaps they stagger the roll out of the updates. Certainly that is what Kobo seems to do.

My current firmware seems to be 1.8.3_9269185.

If yours is different, then it likely is a newer update. If it's the same, then it was the update which came out in March.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:25 AM   #5
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
There is no new firmware for Note and Max2 since March.

The new update is planned to release this month depending on the progress of newly designed notepad app which is the main part of this upcoming update.

If the development were running smoothly, the new notepad app will solve the known bugs such as lost response, can't save properly when system auto shutdown etc. and will add a new eraser which acts like a real eraser instead of erasing whole stroke.

We'll see, but we'd better not higher our expectation too much.

Last edited by cqman; 05-08-2018 at 09:29 PM.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2018, 04:39 AM   #6
bongio
Connoisseur
bongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the rough

Device: Energy eReader Pro HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
No update for mine either. But perhaps they stagger the roll out of the updates. Certainly that is what Kobo seems to do.

My current firmware seems to be 1.8.3_9269185.

If yours is different, then it likely is a newer update. If it's the same, then it was the update which came out in March.
Yes, mine is the same. I don't know why I got it only yesterday.
bongio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #7
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Hmm. I just received my Boox Note yesterday, from Amazon US.

My firmware is 2018-04-12_22-10_1.8.3_7f22e07

I can't make out if this is new or old.

According to system update: "no update package available"
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:50 AM   #8
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
Hmm. I just received my Boox Note yesterday, from Amazon US.

My firmware is 2018-04-12_22-10_1.8.3_7f22e07

I can't make out if this is new or old.

According to system update: "no update package available"
Hi, I received my Note from ereader.store yesterday and it too has the exact-same version as yours, and is 'up to date' after checking for new updates.

Perhaps this may read as the 12th or April 2018 at 10:20pm as the version time-stamp?

John B.
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:25 AM   #9
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks to me like it's still the 1.8.3 firmware, even with the April time stamp.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:30 AM   #10
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Looks to me like it's still the 1.8.3 firmware, even with the April time stamp.
I'd agree, ver 1.8.3. Is there a new update on it's way - I'd be very surprised if not. Probably just a matter of waiting for it to happen.
So-far (I keep writing so-far but this is because I've really only scratched the surface (not literally! ) of this device and haven't put it to any heavy-use yet) I've had no problems at all - except I am already finding it too small for my needs - a deal-breaker...hmmmm...not sure what my options may be....
Old 05-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #11
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebub View Post
I'd agree, ver 1.8.3. Is there a new update on it's way - I'd be very surprised if not. Probably just a matter of waiting for it to happen.
So-far (I keep writing so-far but this is because I've really only scratched the surface (not literally! ) of this device and haven't put it to any heavy-use yet) I've had no problems at all - except I am already finding it too small for my needs - a deal-breaker...hmmmm...not sure what my options may be....
If you do find the Note too small, you could ask the folks at ereader.store if you could exchange it for a Max 2. The Max 2 will cost you more, but it is larger.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:09 AM   #12
charliebub
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
If you do find the Note too small, you could ask the folks at ereader.store if you could exchange it for a Max 2. The Max 2 will cost you more, but it is larger.
Yes, I may - but I'd need another €200 at least - a lot of money to me at the moment. I'll have a think.

Thanks for your thougths my friend.

John B.