Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-30-2018, 02:44 PM   #1
bsmith
bsmith , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bsmith , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bsmith , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bsmith , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bsmith , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bsmith , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bsmith , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bsmith , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bsmith , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bsmith , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bsmith , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3 Nook Simple Touch
New old ebook reader

Hello all,

I'm 65 years old, and recently took up ebook reading. My eyes are not what they used to be, so I was having difficulty with regular print media. Then I found that I could read a PW3 ebook with less strain. This is important, as my ability to do much else besides read seems to diminish almost daily.

A big plus for me is the wealth of classic Christian literature available for free or $1.00. These books are ones that are not available in the community library, so this is a huge benefit.

Finally, I am a computer geek-wanabe. So I am attempting to find a way to jailbreak my Kindle without having to wait until a program for my version of the firmware is developed (need a USB breakout board that limits voltage to 1.8v).

Keep reading - you may still get old, but you don't have to grow old (at least not as fast!).
bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:01 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi bsmith and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
jailbreaking