Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #1
mycityofsky
mycityofsky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Is there any lately version with "cascade" feature for KPW1?

My current version is 5.3.5(KPW1), and there is some small bugs on it. Back to a few days ago, I upgraded the kindle to 5.4.4, everything went smoothly, the speed is just great. But I found that the "cascade" feature for dictionary was removed out. I have several dictionaries in my kindle. When I look a word up by long-pressing a single word on 5.3.5, it would search all the dictionaries and display the meaning of it if any of those dictionaries contains the definition of the word. But on 5.4.4, it would only search the main dictionary, and I have to switch to other dictionary to see if it contains the word. What's more, if I select to switch the dictionary, the main dictionary will switch too. The next time I search a word, it will show the dictionary I have just changed to, which is very annoying. Because I have a good dictionary and a not-so-good dictionary. I only use the not-so-good dictionary when the good dictionary cannot find the word.

So I wonder if there's any newer verison with this "cascade" feature. The 5.4.4 would be great with the feature. If there is a better version with it, please recommend to me. If not, I would stick to the current version.

Any suggestion appreciated.
mycityofsky is offline   Reply With Quote