Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
1.7 Softroot Package?

I've been on the lookout for awhile, but still can't find a softroot for the NOOKclassic 1.7 update. Anyone got any info on it or even whether it will exist, or have the devs all moved onto the NOOKcolor and NOOK touch?
Thanks
firefox
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
There is none, and I don't think anybody is working on that. If you have the old hardware, you can downgrade to 1.0, softroot to 2.5.1 and let the device upgrade utself to 1.7. You will keep your root and have 1.7, this is what I did but I have one of the first nook classic.
Do not try to downgrade to 1.0 if you have the newest hardware, you'll brick your nook.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2011, 03:34 AM   #3
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
Yeah I have the old hardware, and updated it a few weeks ago, all worked fine.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote