Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Why was this labeled 1.1 and not 1.0.2?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #17
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Why was this labeled 1.1 and not 1.0.2?
Good question. Doesnt look like anything major is being brought to the table.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #18
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Just my opinion, but I think you should flash back to stock to be on the safe side when this update shows up. I would use method one on this page: http://nookdevs.com/Flash_back_to_clean_stock_ROM

Maybe this is overkill however.
If I do it after the update, won't it just go back to 1.0.0?
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #19
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
If I do it after the update, won't it just go back to 1.0.0?
Yes, but I think the point was that it isn't wise to apply an official update to a rooted nook. It probably won't apply correctly or at all, but worst case it could bork the ability to do a proper reset if they reflash the recovery mechanism (very, very unlikely but it is possible). Anytime you root a device it is best to never apply an official update from then on (unless someone more experienced says it is fine to do so).
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #20
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
Sooo... couple of options it seems. 1, go back to stock and reroot to avoid any issues. 2, wait for the DL and see what it does. My concerns are - if I go back to stock do I lose everything I have in regards to bookd? I'm reading 3 now and I don't want to lose my place. I also don't want to lose my downloads. If they stay on the card and are available after the update, cool. I'll do it now. If not then I need to do something else, like write down where I am in my books and list my programs so I can get there again. Comments?
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #21
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
Yes, but I think the point was that it isn't wise to apply an official update to a rooted nook. It probably won't apply correctly or at all, but worst case it could bork the ability to do a proper reset if they reflash the recovery mechanism (very, very unlikely but it is possible). Anytime you root a device it is best to never apply an official update from then on (unless someone more experienced says it is fine to do so).
Ok. That is why I thought I should go back to stock before it updated not after.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #22
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Someone mentioned the speaker volume is louder with this update. Wonder if the screen sensitivity issue (right side) has been fixed. I'm willing to re-root for these two things.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #23
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
Honestly, I might too! I will wait to hear from those who haven't rooted yet to see if it is worth it, but now that I have done it all I feel more confident!
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #24
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Return to stock or not? Thats my question. If the update will mess with the ability to do that in the future then thats important.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #25
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
Return to stock or not? Thats my question. If the update will mess with the ability to do that in the future then thats important.
If you are rooted with no problems, I see no reason to go back to stock. At least not for this update. Its possible that no one will be able to root the update, but somehow I doubt that
Old 01-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #26
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
Did you disable auto updates?

Hold tight and see if an updated autonooter becomes available. Doesn't make any sense to go back to stock now on an assumption that you'll be able to re-root.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #27
volwrath
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
Ok. That is why I thought I should go back to stock before it updated not after.
Also you might want to go back to stock and update to 1.0.1 (I can put the image file on dropbox if you need it) , root that and stop autoupdate from functioning
Old 01-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #28
volwrath
Guru

Quote:

Hold tight and see if an updated autonooter becomes available. Doesn't make any sense to go back to stock now on an assumption that you'll be able to re-root.
Im interested to know if one can simply install 1.0.1 from the sdcard and overwrite 1.1.0. Not interested enough to try it however
Old 01-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #29
jadine37
jadine37 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, ipad
how do you disable updates?
jadine37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #30
rogerperk
Connoisseur

Quote:

Not yet but I will when I get home. I'm not going to turn on my wifi until I see someone who's updated without damage while rooted. Shouldn't take too long.