Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-21-2024, 07:29 AM   #31
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Cool Reader doesn't respect the CSS well enough. That's where it goes wrong.
It and Readera (a fork?) seem poor compared to Pocketbook app. The voices on Pocketbook depend on what is installed on Android, as should be the case and by default English has about 6. Alternate TTS engines can also be installed.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 08:10 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It and Readera (a fork?) seem poor compared to Pocketbook app. The voices on Pocketbook depend on what is installed on Android, as should be the case and by default English has about 6. Alternate TTS engines can also be installed.
I agree that the Pocketbook app is much better then most Android reading apps.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 01:25 PM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The Peanut Reader on Palm Pilot (later it morphed into Palm Reader->eReader after Peanut Press was acquired by Palm); and then Microsoft's Reader (.lit) on a Windows Mobile smartphone. From there it was eink for several years when the Kindle 2US came out. From there I went to apps on tablets and phones. Briefly had a torrid love affair with Mantano/Bookari (which ended badly) after which I settled mostly on the Kindle App. But nowadays, I use the app of whatever store I bought the ebook from whenever consuming novels with the ol' eyeballs (which is becoming more and more rare).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 02:37 PM   #34
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The Peanut Reader on Palm Pilot (later it morphed into Palm Reader->eReader after Peanut Press was acquired by Palm); and then Microsoft's Reader (.lit) on a Windows Mobile smartphone. From there it was eink for several years when the Kindle 2US came out. From there I went to apps on tablets and phones. Briefly had a torrid love affair with Mantano/Bookari (which ended badly) after which I settled mostly on the Kindle App. But nowadays, I use the app of whatever store I bought the ebook from whenever consuming novels with the ol' eyeballs (which is becoming more and more rare).
I read my kindles books (the vast majority I have) with the Kindle app when there is a corresponding Audible book. I like being able to switch between on a single book. Also, when my "liberating" setup stops working.

It annoys me most that I can't set "page forward" to both sides of the screen.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 06:45 PM   #35
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
My journey started with crt monitor, notepad, and some bootleged .txt rips of Harry Potter books fresh from mirc. Then I went for pda devices, I skipped smartphones entirely, and went for eink instead.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote