Notices

Old 01-20-2024, 12:25 PM   #31
Arconte
Enthusiast
Arconte began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx TUC
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I think that will happen when the toe stepping and shin kicking stops.
Am I the only one to blame? I asked for chilling, but here you are again. So I am going to say it again, and I hope this time works also for you:

Let's chill
Arconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 12:51 PM   #32
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arconte View Post
Am I the only one to blame? I asked for chilling, but here you are again. So I am going to say it again, and I hope this time works also for you:

Let's chill
People will chill if you stop addressing only men. Women are not worth having a discussion with, in your opinion, or what?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 12:55 PM   #33
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:

Let's chill
That is tantamount to saying: "Calm down! I mean you no harm when I kick you in the shins,"

You have given no acknowledgment of making inherently offensive statements nor any indication of intent to mend your ways.

Why is it that you expect endlessly repeating "Chill" will absolve you of any obligation to be civil?

Your first admonition to "Chill" was in response to a simple request to addressing your posts exclusively to adult male readers when there was no reason to be so exclusive.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 12:58 PM   #34
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
People will chill if you stop addressing only men. Women are not worth having a discussion with, in your opinion, or what?
Well, there is also the matter of audiobook listeners being unworthy of respect.
Old 01-20-2024, 01:12 PM   #35
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Your first admonition to "Chill" was in response to a simple request to addressing your posts exclusively to adult male readers when there was no reason to be so exclusive.
It might be something that was lost in translation, but in that case the OP should have explained that. Just saying "I meant no disrespect" without explaining what it was they actually meant by "Men" is not enough in this day and age.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 01:21 PM   #36
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
It might be something that was lost in translation...
That has been suggested to him as a possibility in another thread, but he completely ignored it.
Old 01-26-2024, 03:52 PM   #37
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
I have hope! This reminds me of when color eInk first appears and everyone said more than 100dpi was not possible, and then appeared 150dpi.
No, not everyone said that.
With a 300 dpi mono panel you can have RGB stripes (Triton) which gives 100 dpi x 300 dpi, or a 2 x 2 cell (needs more precision) which is 150 x 150 dpi (Kaleido).

The TCL NxtPaper 11 was abandoned on the doorstep by GLS this morning. Unusually it seems to match the marketing claims.

@DrChipper is of course perfectly correct, no built in USB spots for a keyboard.

Fortunately I ordered the TCL T-Pen (€29) as the gadgets I have don't work. It might be here in a couple of days. It's a lot cheaper than a Kobo Pen, which is a lot cheaper than official Samsung, Apple or Microsoft models and cheaper than many 3rd party pens for various standards.

I've no doubt that the larger soon to come versions using NxtPaper 3.0 will be even better. This NxtPaper 2.0 is pretty good.
I can actually read old scanned magazines and poor coloured Internet Archive scanned PD books easily on it. I can't see how it has any more strain on the eyes than eink with a front-light on.

I'll add a review later in Android section here.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 03:23 PM   #38
Arconte
Enthusiast
Arconte began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx TUC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
No, not everyone said that..
Just everyone I have read talking about it. Maybe you didn't say it, but I haven't seen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I've no doubt that the larger soon to come versions using NxtPaper 3.0 will be even better. This NxtPaper 2.0 is pretty good.
I can actually read old scanned magazines and poor coloured Internet Archive scanned PD books easily on it. I can't see how it has any more strain on the eyes than eink with a front-light on.

I'll add a review later in Android section here.
I hope they do it, and I wish it was popularized enough to have them in public places, offices, etc etc, but still even if you don't understand it, some people can only use eInk. Why? I don't know, but I am sure the backlightVSfrontlight use, and other charateristics matters here, and this doesn't has nothing to do with you being a R&D engineer. Despite that, NXTpaper is probably better than any other LCD screen, and that's why I wish all screens were like this, specially the GPS screen on cars, those really make me quickly sick.

Meanwhile, I am praying for a 13'3 olour eInk screen from Onyx!
Arconte is offline   Reply With Quote