larger one 46 63.89%
smaller one 16 22.22%
no difference (same) 9 12.50%
don't know 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2024, 07:50 PM   #61
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Mine doesn't either. It's a 1995. It does have ALDL which is almost OBD-I.
I have custom hardware and software running off it.

Err, this isn't running off Bluetooth either, just hardwired.
I try not to clog up the airwaves.
Isn't 11.5v low for a car battery voltage?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 08:26 PM   #62
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Isn't 11.5v low for a car battery voltage?
Well, the internal measurement is reading a bit low, but the battery itself is generally pretty low. Anyway, it always starts. And if it didn't, I could just switch in my "house" battery which is always nicely charged on solar. Today, for instance:

Edit: I checked the battery today directly, it's at 11.75 V. It's 3.5 years old. I should get a new one. The alternator's ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plot.png
Views:	42
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	205844  

Last edited by Renate; 01-17-2024 at 09:14 PM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 09:18 PM   #63
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I mostly use my oasis, but I have a paperwhite also sitting on my bedside table. But they don't have the same books on them, so when I get a low battery warning on my oasis, I usually just plug it in and go to sleep.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:40 AM   #64
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
The Largest screen i have i the Oasis 3 and I prefer it. I wouldn't mind it going up slightly but something like the Scribe is too large seeming for me
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM   #65
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
The Largest screen i have i the Oasis 3 and I prefer it. I wouldn't mind it going up slightly but something like the Scribe is too large seeming for me
I was an Oasis reader prior to getting my Scribe. I read that or my Sage. If the Scribe had buttons I'd probably not have bought the Sage.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:33 PM   #66
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
I use my Scribe almost exclusively for doing puzzles I send from the newspaper in a pdf each day. I do most of my reading on my Oasis and Clara, but sometimes I enjoy reading in two column view on my Scribe. I selected "no difference" as best fit although it doesn’t tell the whole story.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ereader, large displays, smaller display size