Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-06-2023, 10:49 AM   #1
plamya
plamya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Cyrillic alphabet only visible as question marks

Hello,
I've got several books in Russian and my (very old) e-reader only shows the characters as question marks. The thing is that not all books are unreadable, but most are. I haven't the slightest idea where to find the differences. In my opinion they are all epub files. I would be very glad if someone could tell me how to correct this.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts !
plamya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:17 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by plamya View Post
Hello,
I've got several books in Russian and my (very old) e-reader only shows the characters as question marks. The thing is that not all books are unreadable, but most are. I haven't the slightest idea where to find the differences. In my opinion they are all epub files. I would be very glad if someone could tell me how to correct this.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts !
You have two choices.

1. Embed a Russian font
2. Buy a new Reader (such as a Kobo Libra 2) and side load a Russian font.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 12:58 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Font embedding via Calibre or Sigil works.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 10:14 AM   #4
plamya
plamya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks!

Yes!
This worked. Thank you very much for your help.
plamya is offline   Reply With Quote