Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2023, 11:35 AM   #1
Tripple
Tripple began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Downgrading Firmware?

I've recently found my old E-Reader (Firmware Version 1.1.00.17210), so I thought, let's jailbreak it, why not?

But I'm stuck on the Firmware or rather booting into recovery mode and connection via Serial to my PC.

So far I've tried:
  • Holding Home and Menu Button during booting (just boots like normal)
  • Enabling Test Mode (Made a File "rVPzp8O1j0m01oOq.crsZVu8crtmXGrc2", pressed right-back-left-back) and tapping "Reboot (Recovery)" -> It takes a bit longer to boot, when Opening Book is at 100% the screen flashes and restarts normally
  • Put OS-Firmware from Rupor Rescue on my MicroSD Card and "Reboot(Recovery)"->Literally the same thing as without that folder
  • ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T2" um recovery
  • rupor-minimal,-jailbreak,-enabled-adb (said unsupported Firmware Version), restore-set-1.00.xxxxx-eu (I live in the eu), PRS-T2_UPDATER(Doesnt do anything, and removing the code that checks for current FWV just reboots, then says failed), mount_all_plus_serial
  • And a few more things

The main Guide I follow should probably work, even though its for the PRS-T1, so (I hope) my main and only problem is this recovery mode issue or rather downgrading FW of my E-Reader

Also, yes, my SD is Fat32 formatted and it's 16GB, though I've made only one partion of 6GB and left the rest unused. I've also formatted the Ereader itself afew times just to be sure but nothing changed

Thanks in advance
Tripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 10:00 AM   #2
kapqa
Enthusiast
kapqa began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t2, prs-900, kobo sage
why would you want to do that?
god an prs-t2 for good money new sometime ago, and it is wonderful device, very readable, so why mess with it?=
kapqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 10:40 AM   #3
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
Yeah, being able to run android apps is pointless because the OS is so far out of date now.

That said, I guess you might enjoy messing with it, but I don't know the answer you need.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 07:35 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Android 2.0, so only old apks on 3rd party sites.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote