Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #16
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
No I don't, therein lies my problem
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #17
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Anyone else try using an image with this program? After the first reboot, whatever image I selected for my book turns to a giant question mark even though the image is still on the sd card.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #18
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Anyone else try using an image with this program? After the first reboot, whatever image I selected for my book turns to a giant question mark even though the image is still on the sd card.
No, i haven't had any problems displaying book covers. Are you using an actual bookcover thumbnail or something else? I see question marks for other things when the launcher isn't finished loading.

Last edited by SCION; 01-26-2011 at 04:07 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #19
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
No, i haven't had any problems displaying book covers. Are you using an actual bookcover thumbnail or something else? I see question marks for other things when the launcher isn't finished loading.
Ah, it sounds like the launcher has started up before the SD card is fully mounted. Re-launching the launcher should fix if so (unless the launcher has a refresh function). Moving the image to main memory and creating the icon with that copy of the image should also solve it.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:39 PM   #20
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I was using a jpg downloaded from Amazon. It worked until reboot. I am using the same thing on my Evo but it survives a reboot ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
Ah, it sounds like the launcher has started up before the SD card is fully mounted. Re-launching the launcher should fix if so (unless the launcher has a refresh function). Moving the image to main memory and creating the icon with that copy of the image should also solve it.
Thats a great thought. Unfortunately refreshing/restarting zeam had no effect. Also moving to the main memory didnt work out either. Somehow I have corrupted the jpgs because now they wont even load in gallery or quikpic. Heh I will attempt to recreate them and see what happens
Old 01-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #21
volwrath
Guru

Oh BTW I did solve my problem. The second time around I used astro instead of of quikpik to select the graphic and it has survived even FW updates
Old 01-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #22
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Oh BTW I did solve my problem. The second time around I used astro instead of of quikpik to select the graphic and it has survived even FW updates
Thanks for coming back to this.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #23
t3l01v
Enthusiast
t3l01v began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Hey Zart,
I followed your link in my other thread to get here. I've read through this thread and don't see a resolution.

My original complaint was that I couldn't add the books in my library to my desktop/ zeam launch bar.

I've got DVR installed and running. When I hit Select Action, I can either Launch Application, or Other. Launch App isn't useful for me because I can long-press on any app in my drawer and place it on the desktop.

However, when I hit OTHER, all I get are three items: Bookmark, Gmail Label, Music Playlist.

So wheras I wanted to hit OTHER and put down a link to my custom bookshelves or individual books, I can't do that.

Thanks for your patience. I'm an iOS user who's still somewhat new to AD =)
t3l01v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #24
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3l01v View Post
Hey Zart,
I followed your link in my other thread to get here. I've read through this thread and don't see a resolution.

My original complaint was that I couldn't add the books in my library to my desktop/ zeam launch bar.

I've got DVR installed and running. When I hit Select Action, I can either Launch Application, or Other. Launch App isn't useful for me because I can long-press on any app in my drawer and place it on the desktop.

However, when I hit OTHER, all I get are three items: Bookmark, Gmail Label, Music Playlist.

So wheras I wanted to hit OTHER and put down a link to my custom bookshelves or individual books, I can't do that.

Thanks for your patience. I'm an iOS user who's still somewhat new to AD =)
Did you install a file manager? You'll need to access your epub file and book cover image to be used as the shortcut. Download Astro File Manager from the Market. When you select "Other" it will be listed.