Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Fedex Rules!!!
Fedex is run by a bunch of monkeys. Don't ever use them for anything you actually want to get there in one piece.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #92
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Wow, you're in a mood tonight, JSWolf.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #93
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
@ ROY:

I infer from your exuberance that your new Reader arrived today? If so, that could easily explain why you have not held forth with more information.

On a side note, I was rather miffed at the customer service rep with whom I spoke Sunday. "4-5 business days." I work every day of the week, that to me is business. I have to get up early and do my thing, awaiting parts ordered Friday for "next day service" only to get them Monday. Sorry, just had to vent about all the people who think the world magically suspends itself Sat & Sun.

To all the people noting my dismissal of "classics":

When the Reader first came out, I was all agog over digital/electronic texts. I scoured my over-crowded bookshelves for titles that were represented on Project Gutenberg. Sadly, reading said texts on my laptop are not much fun. Treasure Island is best read under a tree or in a comfy chair. Thus, while I have an affinity for non-copywright material, am not concerned about receiving it from SONY, especially in a proprietary format. As for future purchases, the Connect store is a bit lacking, but free books are free books.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:03 AM   #94
mechchic
mechchic began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Well if it's any help I ordered my reader on Sunday and the charge still hasn't been posted to my credit card. After ordering the reader it said that it would be shipped after my credit card was charged.
mechchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #95
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Run by Monkeys... Thats the truth!!! (And I know that for a fact!)

I actually work for fedex.. As a courier. I'm one of the guys who kick the packages down the street like Jim Carrey did in Ace Ventura Pet detective.. (((I know, I know.. This is a reading forum and all of us are sposed to be above such Pleabian ((Sp)) movies as that but I admit it.. I love Jim Carrey's movies!! or should I say.. Films)))

I was just toe-ing the party line!

No my reader didn't come yet...
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2007, 12:49 AM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Run by Monkeys... Thats the truth!!! (And I know that for a fact!)

I actually work for fedex.. As a courier. I'm one of the guys who kick the packages down the street like Jim Carrey did in Ace Ventura Pet detective.. (((I know, I know.. This is a reading forum and all of us are sposed to be above such Pleabian ((Sp)) movies as that but I admit it.. I love Jim Carrey's movies!! or should I say.. Films)))

I was just toe-ing the party line!

No my reader didn't come yet...
To be honest, I've had some bad experiences with both Fedex and UPS. UPS now hires extremely stupid drivers. They once left a package outside an apartment building where anyone could get at it and someone did steal the package. And Fedex breaks things.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:30 AM   #97
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur
Lov2Read is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader 505
I ordered mine last Friday and still nothing. They haven't subtracted the Reward points yet, and they haven't charged my credit card yet. I think a phone call is in order......

Last edited by Lov2Read; 07-19-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Lov2Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #98
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Just got off the phone with a very helpful service representative at SONY Rewards.
According to this nice Canadian boy, there is no way to expedite the shipping of an order--at least not my order.

Oh well. Receiving a Reader at $60.00 is quite a bargain. May still have time to register and receive my $50 Connect Store credit. In that case, I will have simply paid for the shipping of my "perpetual reading device." Not a bad price.

Only, having waited so long to get one of these gadgets, to have one languishing in a warehouse, longing to rest in my hot little hands..... Oh! the Agony of the Waiting Game!

;-
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #99
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
I'm still stuck in the credit card app processing end of things. Was someone able to expidite this? I gathered that there was a way to get the card faster? The 7-10 business day process puts be between Tuesday and Friday of next week.
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #100
mechchic
mechchic began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
I was able to get my credit card four business days after applying for my card online.
mechchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #101
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechchic View Post
I was able to get my credit card four business days after applying for my card online.
Did you do anything or did it just work out that way?
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #102
rwsimon
Connoisseur
rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 2 Sony PRS-500s, iPad
There seems to be quite a bit of variation in the pace of this process. It took my Sony Card about 10 days to reach me from when it was approved. Anyway, I ordered the Reader today using the procedure outlined in this thread with no problem whatsoever.

Now it will be interesting to see how long it takes for all of us to actually get them. We should see if that varies as well. Apparently, nobody here has actually received theirs as yet and it has been about a week since the earliest order? If that's not right, somebody correct it...
rwsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #103
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
JSWOLF.. Its true we do. We break stuff!!! Its how we have stayed iin business for 30 years and made umpteen jillion dollars! Every morning we chant as the packages come down the belt...

BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT!
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #104
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
JSWOLF.. Its true we do. We break stuff!!! Its how we have stayed iin business for 30 years and made umpteen jillion dollars! Every morning we chant as the packages come down the belt...

BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT! BREAK IT!
In all fairness to DHL and UPS, FedEx is just better at getting stuff there when they say it will be there and in good condition. With modern package handling equipment there will be some level of breakage by all companies. I may be one of the lucky ones in that I have never had to collect from FedEx for failure to deliver. I have sent everything from letters to HAZMAT shipments with no problems.

I will keep using them even though Roy works for them.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #105
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur
Lov2Read is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader 505
FEDEX is my preferred shipper as well. UPS always looks like they have stomped my box before it gets to me.

Anyway, today is the 7th day since I ordered my reader and the 5th business day since I ordered it. Still no word. No charge on my card, no deduction of point, nothing. I called Sony this morning and was told, "It is still in processing". When I asked about the 3 to 5 days to process and ship, she told me "I am sorry, I don't have any information other than your order is still being processed".

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

Last edited by Lov2Read; 07-20-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Lov2Read is offline   Reply With Quote