Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-07-2023, 09:27 PM   #1
disako4938
disako4938 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Calibre: Error communicating with Kobo device

hello guys, i'm getting following error while trying to send a book to my clara. what's weird is that i'm only getting this error for 1 of my book and not the others.

Quote:
calibre, version 6.27.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to find obfuscation key

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 104, in run
self.result = self.func(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 636, in _upload_books
return self.device.upload_books(files, names, on_card,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 425, in upload_books
return super(KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED, self).upload_books(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2218, in upload_books
self._modify_epub(file, mi)
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 207, in _modify_epub
container = KEPubContainer(infile, common.log, self.clean_markup)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 117, in __init__
super(KEPubContainer, self).__init__(epub_path, log, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 1220, in __init__
self.process_encryption()
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 1346, in process_encryption
raise ObfuscationKeyMissing('Failed to find obfuscation key')
calibre.ebooks.oeb.polish.container.ObfuscationKey Missing: Failed to find obfuscation key
disako4938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 09:38 PM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Hi,
I would try an Epub to Epub reconversion, then send this new EPUB file, see:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=315520

edit: it could also be related to embedded fonts
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=241480
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2023, 10:23 PM   #3
disako4938
disako4938 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Hi,
I would try an Epub to Epub reconversion, then send this new EPUB file, see:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=315520

edit: it could also be related to embedded fonts
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=241480
huh, converting epub worked. weird. first time this has happened. anyway, thanks a lot for your help! cheers!
disako4938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 11:02 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I've seen a similar error where the font obfuscation key has been damaged by modifying the dc:identifier metadata and the obfuscated fonts were not removed from the ePub.

You might want to read Font obfuscation in EPUBs and why you shouldn't change the dc:identifier after exporting from InDesign and Font Embedding for Open Container Format Files for more information.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 11:03 PM   #5
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by disako4938 View Post
huh, converting epub worked. weird. first time this has happened. anyway, thanks a lot for your help! cheers!
you're welcome
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert