Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 10-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Audible - Old Titles no longer in Library but viewable/downloadable on Kindle Fires

I have a really weird issue with Audible.

My oldest 10 purchases have disapeared from my Audible library, the books are gone plus the orders have vanished as well. These are 2010 purchases.

But the really strange thing is that my Kindle HDX 8.9 can see 9 of books plus 1 part of the 10th book (it's in three parts)

But my Kindle HDX 7 can see all 10 books including all three of the 3 part book. And I can download them to the Fires but none of those 10 are actually in my audible library any more so for example iOS app can't see any of them.

I just wonder if anyone else has ever seen this.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:17 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'd have been tempted to guess that it reflects the splitting out of your account and the books are no longer for sale and therefore not in your library since it had to be restored, but the date issue makes that unlikely.

So here's a wild question: are the ten books in questions more than five years old? Maybe there was a five-year cutoff and hence just your earliest books were affected.

I have no guess at all on the three-parter.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'd have been tempted to guess that it reflects the splitting out of your account and the books are no longer for sale and therefore not in your library since it had to be restored, but the date issue makes that unlikely.

So here's a wild question: are the ten books in questions more than five years old? Maybe there was a five-year cutoff and hence just your earliest books were affected.

I have no guess at all on the three-parter.
Yes they are my earliest purchases, 2010. They were also purchased before I merged my Account with Amazon which I did in 2012. It's like my Audible account started then as I have nothing in the account before 2012. Most of them are still for sale but at least two are no longer on Audible

The loss of the books doesn't bother me as they are in iTunes so I still have them.

It would make far more sense if no device or app saw the books. It's the fact that my Kindle fires can see them, albeit slightly differently, that is strange.

Last edited by Josieb1; 10-19-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:15 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I've had audiobooks disappear out of my Audible library on several occasions. A call to CS eventually gets it cleared up and the audiobooks are returned. No explanation as to why it happens.

But hey, they're Audible
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:45 PM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I've had audiobooks disappear out of my Audible library on several occasions. A call to CS eventually gets it cleared up and the audiobooks are returned. No explanation as to why it happens.

But hey, they're Audible
I don't think that would work for me as the orders aren't in my account. It's probably something to do with the fact that I bought the books in 2010 then cancelled my membership then started up in 2012 and that's when I merged my Audible and Amazon accounts.

The only place I see them is in my Audible tab on my Kindle Fires. The orders are gone from my account, the audiobooks aren't in my library and no app can see them. It's all very strange.

Still at least I have them in iTunes
Advert
Old 10-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Interesting. I've had audiobooks become not available in my wishlist, but none have vanished. Even the one's that are no longer available have a place marker. I have books going back to 2005.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:55 PM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Times Legacy by Barbara Erskine is the really strange one. My copy is read by Rula Lenska, that's not available anymore, it's a different reader on the current version. My copy is in three parts. One HDX can see all the parts, the other one only one part. All parts (and the other 9 books) can be downloaded.