Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
50% off on any Packt e-book (exp. 08/15)

That's right. This week you can save 50% on any e-book purchase from Packt Publishing, one of the leading providers of books for IT developers, admins, and avid users.

From O'Reilly Media, who now appears to be a reseller of Packt books:

Quote:
We're thrilled to welcome Packt to shop.oreilly.com. Their high-quality, technically relevant ebooks are DRM-free, just like the rest of the O'Reilly catalog. You get lifetime access, multiple file formats, and free updates.
To take advantage of the deal, use the discount code WKPCKT. Promo expires August 15, 2013 at 5:00am PT.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 08-08-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
That's right. This week you can save 50% on any e-book purchase from Packt Publishing, one of the leading providers of books for IT developers, admins, and avid users.
Thanks for the pointer. The publisher seems to cover mostly non-mainstream topics and unknown authors. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything useful. Almost jumped on the Boost.Asio book, but the reviews on Amazon and the author's website don't make it look very impressive... Oh well... woulda been a good deal!
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Wow, super interested in that Cocos2d-x book. Some of my favorite games use that engine.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
I have to ask - why does this thread get over 900 views in such a short time, while my thread gets barely above a hundred?
Not that it really matters (I doubt either of us is going to get paid for views ;-), but apparently something must have been wrong with the way I made the thread?
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:46 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberman tM View Post
Not that it really matters (I doubt either of us is going to get paid for views ;-), but apparently something must have been wrong with the way I made the thread?
Heh, I posted about the deal an hour earlier and moved it to the frontpage.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:24 AM   #6
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Heh, I posted about the deal an hour earlier and moved it to the frontpage.
Damnation, you're right. Mine is the double-post. I somehow didn't see your thread when I created mine.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote