Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #46
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I am getting the following error with the new plugin:

Code:
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'minimum' referenced before assignment

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 623, in create_kindle_collections
  File "<string>", line 296, in create_kindle_collections_main
  File "<string>", line 234, in print_collection_report
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'minimum' referenced before assignment
Old 01-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #47
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'minimum' referenced before assignment
2 reasons for this - one is an error in the code, the other is that its likely you created some tweaks and you need to update them to the new format as shown in the first post. I'll post a fix for this, but if you update your tweaks and restart it should work.
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #48
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I took the tweaks from the first page and just changed it, here are my tweaks:

Code:
################################################
# Create Kindle Collections Plugin tweaks
#
# Calibre column names to include in collections, text to prepend for sorting, and 
# minimum number of books needed for a column before creating a collection
create_kindle_collections_usecolumns = {
    "tags": [ "- ", 1 ]
}
# Collection names or patterns to ignore (e.g. [ "ignorethis", ".*Ignore.*" ]
create_kindle_collections_ignore = [ ]
####################################################
Old 01-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #49
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.1.1 posted to fix the minimum bug and to set the collections so that they initially appear at the end when sorting By Most Recent.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #50
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Version 1.1.1 posted to fix the minimum bug and to set the collections so that they initially appear at the end when sorting By Most Recent.
Thank you it works perfectly, and it is a little quicker too.
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #51
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Meme:

Your plugin rocks. Just ran the first test using 1.1. Only two Calibre-managed books didn't go into collections. My usual "problem files" processed fine. (The Kindle dictionaries and Active Content files aren't managed by Calibre so for this test they don't count.) Yay!

Affected books were _The Beautiful and Damned_ and _Against the Tide_. TB&D came from MobileRead and AtT came from Baen, so not sure what the issue is. I will look into it some more, and also run a few more tests using special characters and see what happens. I just wanted to post this to let you know that this is working amazingly well for me.

Test details: Used user column ("collect")to create 6 collections; over 500 books. Awesomeness happened.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #52
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
This is what worked for me.

Code:
#
# Calibre column names to include in collections, text to prepend for sorting, and 
"series": [ "_ ", 500 ],
"tags": [ "", 1 ]
}
####################################################
I didn't want to use the "series" bit, but for some reason, deleting that part messed up the tweak and I got an error message. In the end, I just upped the number of books to include in any given series to a large number like 500. Now my collections are made just from my Calibre tags. So far, it's working great! Thanks so much for this!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #53
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Ran another test using tags. I have a few "administrative" tags I don't want collections for, so I added "nocollect" to the end of those tag names. Also added Clippings file to Calibre for management. Tweaks as follows:

Quote:
"tags": [ "- ", 1 ]
}
create_kindle_collections_ignore = [".*nocollect"]
################################################## ##
Collections were created for all tags except those I added to the ignore option. Everything went in except for the Active Content and Kindle dictionaries and now I remember what the issue is with managing those - Active Content files and the dictionaries don't live in the Kindle Documents folder.

Your plugin has been a fantastic success for me. I haven't tried testing special characters to use as a sorting prefix yet, it will have to wait till tomorrow.

And again, for creating this.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:28 AM   #54
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
question on custom column & feedback

Help please.

"You can create collections based on your custom columns if they contain just a single word or number or a list of words like the tags column:"

I've tried adding my custom column genre as a 4th line in tweaks, but the tweak app keeps telling me invalid when I add it, no problems until that line is added.

tweak looks like this:

#
"tags": [ "- ", 1 ],
"series": [ "_ ", 2 ],
"authors": [ "", 1 ]
"genre": [ "__ ", 1 ]
}
################################################## ##

genre is a user-created custom column, setup is text, like tag column. I've tried the look-up name with & without the # - genre,#genre. get an invalid tweak. also tried a different custom column, read_status, same result in tweak.

using calibre 7.43

fyi, all but apps & a handful of Baen books (looks like they just need their mobi format file updated from the error message) went into collections - best results I've had with any kindle collection manager so far (have about 3500 files on the k3). I love the simplicity of this app & that fact that I can use it as I work with calibre.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2011, 03:06 AM   #55
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethN View Post
"tags": [ "- ", 1 ],
"series": [ "_ ", 2 ],
"authors": [ "", 1 ]
"genre": [ "__ ", 1 ]
}
Thanks for testing and asking. Good to see it works even with large collections. Does it take long to run, or does it take the Kindle longer to restart with so many in collections?

Looks like you need a "," at the end of the authors line. That's the problem with having to use code for customising at the moment...

Last edited by meme; 05-16-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:09 AM   #56
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdud View Post
How to make a collection created by the authors but the title was added to a series of numbered?
Could you give an example of how you want your collections to look or how your title's look.

The plugin can create a collection for any name found in the authors column, any series name found in the series column, any word(s) found in most columns.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:17 AM   #57
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Ran another test using tags.
Appreciate all the testing - and the feedback. Good to see its going in the right direction

Quote:
Affected books were _The Beautiful and Damned_ and _Against the Tide_. TB&D came from MobileRead and AtT came from Baen
I'll download those and try them.

Quote:
Everything went in except for the Active Content and Kindle dictionaries and now I remember what the issue is with managing those - Active Content files and the dictionaries don't live in the Kindle Documents folder.
Exactly. I was able to add My Clippings to a collection, but not the others. Not really an issue to have a few at the end of the Collections list - but it is annoying. I'll have to test adding them to a collection manually to see what happens.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:29 AM   #58
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Affected books were _The Beautiful and Damned
I had the same issue. I guess the header is corrupt or in a format the code can't understand. I just ran a convert Mobi to Mobi on the file in Calibre and resent it to the device and the plugin no longer gives me a warning and it shows up in a collection.

I assume you got a Warning dialog stating that the Mobi format was corrupt when running the plugin?
Old 01-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #59
peegee
Enthusiast
peegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Any idea why I would get this error after installing the plugin and attempting a restart?

Code:
Starting up...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 251, in initialize
    self.initialize_db()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 231, in initialize_db
    self.initialize_db_stage2(db, None)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 200, in initialize_db_stage2
    self.start_gui()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 151, in start_gui
    main = Main(self.opts)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 102, in __init__
    mod, cls = action.actual_plugin.split(':')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
Calibre won't start at all until I remove the plugin, (which luckily can be done with the command calibre-customize -r 'Create Kindle Collections' )

I'm running v0.7.17, and no I can't upgrade to the latest version at the moment...
Old 01-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #60
random43743
random43743 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW + kindle 3
Collections by only certain tags

This plugin looks very good to me. I have been thinking a lot of times how nice it would be to be able to manage collections from calibre. Now finally your plugin.
Great. Thanks for the efforts.

I have about 400 Books and a multitude of tags. I usually download "social metadata" and keep the tags. I just add my own tags.

Would it be possible to create collections only by certain tags from a list? (e.g. Non-fiction, Romance, Classic literature, Fantasy, …) and leave all other tags aside?

imo tags are a lot easier to edit than custom columns, but i do tag about contents that i would not create my collections on.

E.g. Arthur Conan Doyle, "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" i would tag as "crime" and "classical literature" but maybe also as "drugs" or even "drug abuse"

This book should be in "crime" and "classical literature" but there shouldn't be any collections as "drugs" or "drug abuse".
Closed Thread