Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #1
Techno
Enthusiast
Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PC/Tablet
Front light controls for H2O?

I searched and a thread led me to https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2270

That page and the thread say that the addon became part of the official koreader, but I'm lost.

On my H2O, tapping in the bottom left, or swiping on the left doesn't do anything. Could someone give me more info on getting this to work?

Thanks!
Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:30 AM   #2
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
What's your koreader version ? It works' great on my gloHD's last nighly
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:09 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
First you have to activate the "Frontlight gesture controller" through the tools menu (wrench and screwdriver icon).
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #4
Techno
Enthusiast
Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't see "Frontlight gesture controller" on the tools menu. I guess I have an older version? It says v2015.11-3-g9e0be45.

I tried clicking "OTA update" and saying yes to enable wifi, and it doesn't seem to do anything. (But when I go back to KSM, it warns me that wifi is enabled.)

I don't know how to download/update from the respository. I don't see a zip or anything easy. I don't think I have a compiler.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:13 PM   #5
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
You have last stable release, pretty old version.

Latest version you can found here: http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/

Then you choose latest nightly, at the moment it is this zip version for kobo: http://build.koreader.rocks/download...3-g773e24f.zip

Also, you can found "released" releases here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases

When you download it, you install it by copying koreader directory on your device, but I guess you know that.

And OTA doesn't work for your version probably because OTA channels are changed some time ago. Or at least I think so, I don't do OTA. But, with latest version you should have working OTA also.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After enabling wifi you have to execute the action again. I think it's unintuitive but it wouldn't be trivial to change: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1128

Aside from that on the stable channel there wouldn't be any updates yet regardless of the server.

In my experience and opinion the latest nightly released on GitHub at the time of writing is very good: https://github.com/koreader/koreader....04.30-nightly
Old 05-05-2017, 10:29 PM   #7
Techno
Enthusiast

Thanks! I got the frontlight gestures working.

I will try OTA another time. I am looking forward to setting up the calibre wireless
Old 05-06-2017, 03:11 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

Unfortunately that's currently broken whereas it works on the stable.