kursatcoskun
kursatcoskun began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Use empty MicroSD, formated FAT32.
Create folder on this MicroSD:
applications
Put the serial.app into folder applications.
Run the app @Serial, which is now available on the Pocketbook.

On this MicroSD now there is a file Geraeteinformation.txt
In this file this is what you are looking for:
Interne Speicherkarte
CID-interne SD: 0x27b00804
Groesse-interne SD: 7763968

In Linux you can now create the file .sd_original_serial. In my case with this command:
echo 0x27b00804 > .sd_original_serial
Now I succeeded. I used SDSN number, not CID. SDSN numver is in fwinfo.txt. So my Pocketbook Touch Lux 2 is now alive
kursatcoskun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:38 PM   #62
sonix
sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.

Device: PocketBook 626
Quote:
So much trouble.
Here is a little app which writes the CID (and other infos) into a file (Geraeteinformationen.txt) on the external card.
I probably should have posted that earlier.
Wau! This app is very clever solution

Thanks for posting it also for other users

sonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2019, 05:14 AM   #63
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
SD Prepare

To make it easier here is a little app for that.
It will read the CID of internal SD, create the file .sd_original_serial & copy monitor.app from cramfs.

Howto:
Use empty MicroSD, formated FAT32.
Copy the folder applications from the package (including SD_Prepare.app) into the root of this MicroSD.
Insert the prepared MicroSD into the Pocketbook.
Run the app @SD_Prepare, which is now available on the Pocketbook.

The file .sd_original_serial with your CID is created in the root folder of the external SD.
monitor.app is copied into the same folder from cramfs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SD_prepare.zip (914 Bytes, 2029 views)
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:37 AM   #64
h0nza
h0nza began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 626 TL2
New Firmware 5.20.346 for TL2

I tried modifying the new firmware 5.20.346 for my pocketbook in the same way as before and I was unsuccessful - bootloop.
Image "Cramfs.img" is in squashfs not in cramfs !
Did anyone try it and with what result? Success or failure?
h0nza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:23 AM   #65
Vita56
Vita56 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 626 TL3
New Firmware 5.20.346 for TL3

The same for my PocketBook 626 TL3. Bootloop.
Vita56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2019, 06:18 AM   #66
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't have the time to check this myself.

What I know ist:
monitor.app is still in cramfs and is called via symlink pocketbook from /etc/init.d/rcS

So either you made some mistakes or pocketbook changed the serial verification.

The string "/sys/block/mmcblk%c/device/serial" I could find only in ebrmain/bin/cramfs/bin/monitor.app which is the last file that is started from /etc/ini.d/rcS

Last edited by nhedgehog; 03-07-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #67
h0nza
h0nza began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 626 TL2
I would say I did not make a mistake. I repeated the procedure three times. Then returning to FW 5.14.1225 was instant and hassle-free. I think it has changed a little more.
h0nza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:45 AM   #68
Vita56
Vita56 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 626 TL3
Quote:
I don't have the time to check this myself.

What I know ist:
monitor.app is still in cramfs and is called via symlink pocketbook from /etc/init.d/rcS

So either you made some mistakes or pocketbook changed the serial verification.

The string "/sys/block/mmcblk%c/device/serial" I could find only in ebrmain/bin/cramfs/bin/monitor.app which is the last file that is started from /etc/ini.d/rcS
I found the "/sys/block/mmcblk0/device/serial" string in .../cramfs/bin/settings.app. I will try to patch it in the same way as monitor.app.
Vita56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:07 AM   #69
nhedgehog
Guru

Doesn't work, don't update!
Old 04-30-2019, 05:31 PM   #70
max-min
max-min has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.max-min has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.max-min has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: touch lux
A huge thank for m4mmon and nhedgehog for the detailed howto. I ran in the same problem, the internal microSD became read-only, on 2 different devices, it seems to be a recurrent problem.

I tried to get a solution from PB's help center, but the reply was "send us the devices" (and there is no PB repair center in the country where I live), no way to get the procedure to fix it by myself. Now, I understand why when I read this thread ;-).

I had to make a few tries before to manage, but at least, I got my touch lux 3 working again. Fantastic !

A few remarks to help other ones.
You just have to stick to m4mmon tuto to get rid of the flashing bootscreen. You can extract the necessary files with the nhedgehog's utility (thanx again for it), modify monitor.app as m4mmon showed it.
Put .sd_original_serial in sdx9, monitor_patched.app in sdx8, create the symlink from "pocketbook" to "monitor_patched.app" (after having "cd"-ed in this place and renamed or remove the old "pocketbook" link)

I've formerly tried to put .sd_original_serial in sdx7 (in /etc) or in sdx8, (together with monitor_patched.app) (after having modify monitor_patched accordingly, of course, pointing respectively on /etc/.sd_original_serial and ./.sd_original_serial), but it didn't did the trick, you have really to put it in sdx9

Hope this helps as much as the former posts helped me.

linux needed.

— Use nhedgehog's utility tou extract monitor.app and .sd_original_serial
— Put them in your PC.
— Modify monitor.app accordingly m4mmon showed and save it as monitor_patched.app
— Put original microSD in your PC
dd if=/dev/sdx of=pb-dd bs=1M
— put the new microSD in your PC
dd if=pb-dd of=/dev/sdx bs=1M
— after this, you should see few partitions in the newly formated microSD (as showed by m4mmon)
— mount sdx8 and sdx9 (for ex in /mnt/pb8 and pb9)
— copy .sd_original_serial in sdx9
— copy monitor_patched.app in sdx8
cd /mnt/pb8/ && mv pocketbook pocketbook_ORIG && ln -s monitor_patched.app pocketbook
— umount everything and put the new microSD in your PB, it should work.

Last edited by max-min; 04-30-2019 at 05:34 PM.
max-min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:39 AM   #71
kakk
kakk began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook TL626
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0nza View Post
I would say I did not make a mistake. I repeated the procedure three times. Then returning to FW 5.14.1225 was instant and hassle-free. I think it has changed a little more.
after upgrading to 5.20 how to go back to 5.14 when a original microsd is readonly?
kakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #72
nhedgehog
Guru

Forced downgrade with readonly MicoSD.
Steps:
1) 1:1 Copy of Write only microsd to working MicroSD
2) Copy the 5.14 update.bin on the Pocketbook partition (root).
3) Insert the new MicroSD into the internal card holder.
4) Force update by switching the device on while pressing left and right keys and power key till the screen changes.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 08-16-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:34 AM   #73
niiico
niiico began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 626
I got problems

Hi,

I have 2 pocketbooks 626 with dead or write locked internal SDCards
I followed m4mmon instructions on one other 4Go SDCard and both my devices are now booting and I can read books. Great since one of them was even unable to boot. I can even add books.

But it is impossible to upgrade the system.
Every time I try to force upgrade, I have the following failure :
Updating update filesystem...
Running update code...
dosfsck run 40 and return 1

Update failed
The device will turn off in a few seconds.
---

Any clues?

Thanks

Nico
niiico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #74
chshkhr
chshkhr reads XML... blindfoldedchshkhr reads XML... blindfoldedchshkhr reads XML... blindfoldedchshkhr reads XML... blindfoldedchshkhr reads XML... blindfoldedchshkhr reads XML... blindfoldedchshkhr reads XML... blindfoldedchshkhr reads XML... blindfoldedchshkhr reads XML... blindfoldedchshkhr reads XML... blindfoldedchshkhr reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Pocketbook 626
Gzipped SD image for dd

Hi,

Thanks to all here. I managed to restore my dead device and want to share Pocketbook 626 8Gb SD ready image.

All you need to save this image to some drive under Linux and run the following command from the folder where it saved as su:

gunzip -c pb626.img.gz | dd of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M status=progress

Replace /dev/mmcblk0 on your actual SD card device. You can find it with:

fdisk -l

Good luck!
chshkhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:35 AM   #75
niiico
niiico began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 626
Not working on my device : got endless hourglass
niiico is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags