Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-02-2016, 12:37 AM   #1
dummkauf
dummkauf began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Aldiko + Calibre-Server + Reverse Proxy

I have a bug that I'm not sure is related to Aldiko or Calibre.

I have a Calibre library that I access with Aldiko on my phone. The calibre-server is working fine, and I can access everything from a standard web browser on my PC or my phones browser, however when I go to the catalog in Aldiko none of the images are shown. The calibre logo at the top doesn't load, none of the covers load, and even the buttons for downloading the books don't show(note that the HTML links to get the books show, but not the button that should be around the links). This only appears to happen when I access it with a reverse proxy between my phone and the calibre server.

If I run calibre server on a local machine at home, and connect directly via WIFI with no proxy, the icons all load correctly. However if I connect with a reverse proxy none of the icons load.

I've tested this with both nginx and apache2 as the reverse proxy and get the same behavior with both. The actual library is hosted on a cloud server and is secured with apache2 + ssl + basic http authentication, which is why I'd like to find a solution to this. My current workaround is to use my phones browser, but it would be great if I could just use Aldiko to download books.

Does anyone know how to make the aldiko catalog display correctly with a reverse proxy?
dummkauf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:58 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I think it should work fine, as long as you use the opds address...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2016, 10:28 AM   #3
dummkauf

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I think it should work fine, as long as you use the opds address...
The opds address???
Old 02-02-2016, 10:39 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I believe Aldiko only understands OPDS feeds.

Use http://my-calibre-catalog-website.com/opds
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:55 PM   #5
dummkauf

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I believe Aldiko only understands OPDS feeds.

Use http://my-calibre-catalog-website.com/opds
Thank you!
Advert